ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 in limp mode, electric fault light on - help!

Clio 182
Hi all, hoping you could give me some help here or some places to start! My Clio 182 has recently had a lot of work done including cam belt, new clutch etc. I've owned the car since 2009. We brought it back from the garage and it was running perfectly, then today I started it up and the electrical fault light has come on (which I know can mean a multitude of things!) and it's gone into limp mode at 3000 revs. Also, something I've never seen before, is that on start up the 'gear stick' symbol (sorry not sure of exact name!) on the right hand side is yellow and not green as normal. We will run diagnostics tomorrow but I'm concerned the electrical fault could literally be anywhere. I think we'll start with coil pack but has anyone else experienced similar and has any ideas? We'll check the usuals, spark plugs etc as well. It starts normally every time, and everything else is working fine on it.

Thanks for any help guys!!

04 clio extreme 4
Seems a common fault. From what ive read on here its one of four things that cause it. Dirty accelerator sensor or connector, bad wiring, the connector to the engine bay fuse box, or damp in the ECU.

Most common of those that fix it is the connector to the fuse box.

I have the same problem at the moment and ive checked the wiring and the accelerator pedal end and they seem fine. Gonna do the fuse box connector tomorrow and see what happens.

Most common things ive read that happen before the lights come on is cars have sat on a slight slope in the wet, or the car has had a heavy stall and it comes on when restarting.

Shall let you know how I get on but id say check those four things first starting at the pedal end and ending at the ecu.