ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Inlet Manifold Gasket - Sealant?

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Does the inlet manifold gasket require any type of sealant or can it go straight on?
I'm replacing mine at the weekend when I change the spark plugs but I can't seem to find any information specific to the Clio.

Cheers (y)

nash.98

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, Audi A6
The inlet manifold will have a gasket on it. Ne careful to make sure ot seal properly or youll have issues. There will also be a rubber gasket at the back of the manifold that seals to the breather plate

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
The inlet manifold will have a gasket on it. Ne careful to make sure ot seal properly or youll have issues. There will also be a rubber gasket at the back of the manifold that seals to the breather plate

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I’ve ordered a replacement gasket as it seems a little used, I was just wondering if it also needed and kind of sealant applying?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks for the reply. I’ve ordered a replacement gasket as it seems a little used, I was just wondering if it also needed and kind of sealant applying?

Don't put sealant anywhere near it!!! Just the correct gasket is all you need 👍

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Be careful not to over tighten the bolts holding the manifold in place.
The last two Clio’s I‘ve bought, some absolute pellet has done this and rammed some wanky random bolt in there ruining the threads. It’s infuriating. It’s the simplest of tasks to remove and refit one of these bolts but the ham fisted “diy mechanics” can’t seem to grasp it.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
The last two Clio’s I‘ve bought, some absolute pellet has done this and rammed some wanky random bolt in there ruining the threads. It’s infuriating. It’s the simplest of tasks to remove and refit one of these bolts but the ham fisted “diy mechanics” can’t seem to grasp it.

Haha hopefully I don’t make that mistake. I’m following the below guide which suggests 11nm for the plenum bolts. Does that sound about right?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Haha hopefully I don’t make that mistake. I’m following the below guide which suggests 11nm for the plenum bolts. Does that sound about right?

No idea mate, I just do them up finger tight then 1/2 a turn with a ratchet.

If you start the car up and it idles at 4,000 rpm, you’ve got a leak!

And don’t forget to make sure you don’t crush the plug leads. That’s another favourite.