ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 inlet manifold gasket

AAS'D RB 182
Hi all. Painted my inlet today and when I came to take it off there was quite abit of oil about. So thought it would be best to put a new gasket on, would anyone advise to use any gasket seal aswell or will the new gasket be enough. Cheers. Craig.

AAS'D RB 182
Gasket on its own will be fine. How much oil was in your inlet?
Cheers mate there wasn't much in the inlet itself just seemed to be a fair bit resting in the bottom part of the inlet, on the outside of it if you understand me and also on the rocker cover. I got it all back together today and set it running and oil seems to have come out from under some of the rocker cover bolts????? This can't be right can it?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
oil will be leaking from the front of the rocker cover itself. It's a cambelt off job to fix it

AAS'D RB 182
oil will be leaking from the front of the rocker cover itself. It's a cambelt off job to fix it

Ah really sounds expensive. Will it just be a seal to replace or will I need other parts, cambelt was replaced only 10k since and it's still only on 42k.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
it's a liquid gasket seal. havn't had to do one in a little while actually, but they're quite common for leaking. Standard sealer renault use isn't very good.

Was probably leaking when the cambelt was done before, should have been fixed at the time really

Last edited:
  AAS'D RB 182
it's a liquid gasket seal. havn't had to do one in a little while actually, but they're quite common for leaking. Standard sealer renault use isn't very good.

Ah right is there any brand you would recommend also how soon would you recommend I get it done? I'm planning on going to the nurburgring some time this year would it be advised to get done before or is it not a major problem? Cheers

Seems quite a jump-to-conclusions when from the description given by the OP the oil seems to be from the bolts themselves... ?

Give photo's if you want a realistic diagnosis froma forum

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
a conclusion I feel entirely qualified to jump to due to the number I have personally fixed