ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Insurance Query

Mk5 Golf Gti
Hi all,

Registered on here a few days ago as im looking to buy a 182 in just under 2 months! (Excited is an understatement)

Been comparing a few quotes and the cheapest ive been able to get it is £950, being 19 with 1 year No claims bonus. Does this sound reasonable?
Or have you got any good suggestions for companies to go with?
Considering my insurance on a Mini Cooper was £1,850 for my first year its a huge drop!

Thanks guys :)

Joe.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 172
Good price there!! but Admiral are cheap for a reason (they are rubbish!) hopefully once you take the policy out you never have to speak to them.

Very true, i had a similar thing with my house insurance, was cheapest by a mile, went to make a claim...thats when i knew why they were so cheap!

Mk5 Golf Gti
Good price there!! but Admiral are cheap for a reason (they are rubbish!) hopefully once you take the policy out you never have to speak to them.

Hmm, i haven't heard overly bad things about Admiral but ill take that into consideration..

Well, the insurance company i am currently with are apparently horrendous (First Central) but i haven't had to speak to them since taking it out, touch wood.

Very true, i had a similar thing with my house insurance, was cheapest by a mile, went to make a claim...thats when i knew why they were so cheap!
For me it wasn't even making a claim they were just useless. Also, never make the mistake of calling them out of office hours, they have no idea what a Renault Clio is!!!

Mk5 Golf Gti
For me it wasn't even making a claim they were just useless. Also, never make the mistake of calling them out of office hours, they have no idea what a Renault Clio is!!!

Ill do some more quotes tonight and see if any other (better) companies are just as cheap.

Get this though, I'm an apprentice for a Marketing company but i do bits of PR too. When i put my occupation as PR i got quoted £3,600.. Changing it to Apprentice in Marketing it was £950, how does that make any sense?

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

Registered on here a few days ago as im looking to buy a 182 in just under 2 months! (Excited is an understatement)

Been comparing a few quotes and the cheapest ive been able to get it is £950, being 19 with 1 year No claims bonus. Does this sound reasonable?
Considering my insurance on a Mini Cooper was £1,850 for my first year its a huge drop!

Joe.

Who was this quote with please? Also looking at getting a 182 (same age) so want to see what I get quoted :)

Ford Mustang 5.0
£950 at 19 with 1yrs NCB is a great deal id snap that up mate really good price

Cheers
Neil

Hi all,

Joe.

Megane R26
I am currently with admiral on my R26, had a claim last year as someone went into the back of me when I was parked up. Had no problems at all, let me choose where I wanted the repair done, sent them the bill and it was all settled no problems at all. Maybe I was just lucky as (touch wood) I haven't had to deal with them for any other reason.

Mk5 Golf Gti
I am currently with admiral on my R26, had a claim last year as someone went into the back of me when I was parked up. Had no problems at all, let me choose where I wanted the repair done, sent them the bill and it was all settled no problems at all. Maybe I was just lucky as (touch wood) I haven't had to deal with them for any other reason.

Touch wood ;) Yeah they seem like a good company!