ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 knocking noise

182cup

When starting the car there is a knocking noise just as the engine jumps into life not everytime maybe 50% of the time it also does it sometimes when you turn the engine of, if the door or window is open you dont hear the knocking at all:confused:, this makes me think it is exhaust touching a heat shield or something and with the window down engine noise drowns it out, the car does not knock when revving hard in any gear including 1st or backing off, I would not want to take it to renault only to be told its not covered by the waranty (exhaust alignment) and come out with more than just a knocking noise if it is the exhaust I would take it someone I can trust and pay them to sort it

182cup

She can stay in there a bit longer:p
When she stops knocking she gets let out;)

[Edited by mark.cup on 07 July 2005 at 5:55pm]

Clio 197

One possibillity:

If youve driven through deep puddles of water at speed, the exhaust heatshield bends around the exhaust.

When you start the car, you get a fair amount of movement from the exhaust - which rattles the heatshield.

Solution: get on your hands and knees and bend it back again.

Hope this helps.

This is the problem I had with mine my car is an 04 reg. I booked mine to Renault in Dartford they fixed the top right mount by re-aligning it and greasing it.

They sorted out the engine mount underneath the battery also which apparently is a common prob for 172/182 they adjusted that, said it had moved and also was realigned and tightened back up.

Now my car doesnt knock at all, I used to get the backing of at slow speeds knock and when you turn the engine off it knocked..... I must say my car feels much better it actually seems like its improved the steering and handling off the car if that makes any sense.........

Im surprised how good they was at Dartford much better than Orpington where i bought the car from, Top job!

Rob.