ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 left drive shaft

182 Clio sport
Hi everyone.
I ordered a left drive shaft through j & r and they are telling me it could be weeks before one is in stock.
I have a terrible scrapping sound when turning of I am booting it (I think wheel bearing so I've bought one of those)
I also get a loud knocking on full lock ( I think it's the c.v joint but as I can tbuy one of those I'm trying to buy a full left drive shaft but I can't find one at a good price. Can anyone help?
Oh also I've bought top mounts as I think they need doing too and didn't know if that would be affecting it.
Thanks in advance

182 Clio sport
I've never done drive shaft before, will the abs ring come off my old one and go on to the 172 one or do I need to buy new? Could you send a link to a site you trust please.
Thanks steve

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Save yourself a lot of heartache and buy a genuine renault shaft from Ktec.
Two of us on here have had problems with left hand side shafts from J&R in the past 2/3 months and id hate to see someone else be potentially ripped off too by their woeful service and products.

182 Clio sport
I have ordered one through gsf for 160. It's coming in the morning. Thanks for telling me this. Their customer service is terrible anyway. Thanks mate.

dan's cast offs.
make sure it's got the correct outer cv on it, seen two now that have had possibly a megane cv on them? does fit but abs ring is miles away from where it should be.

182 Clio sport
I will post an update when I've picked up the parts and taken a look. Thank you all for your help so far. Only had the car a week but I am in love so far other than this cv joint lol.

PH2 172
make sure it's got the correct outer cv on it, seen two now that have had possibly a megane cv on them? does fit but abs ring is miles away from where it should be.

I cannot see how this can be the case.

All Ph2 172/182`s have the same knuckles 8200171678/673, with the exception of the 182 cup pack knuckles, but they are interchangeable with the standard items anyway, with the correct 40mm hubs.

These same knuckles are also Scenic 1 & Megane 1 fitments, so the ABS rings must be positioned exactly the same.

Any misalignment of ABS rings must be down to a bodge job or incorrect supply.

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...o-2-megane-1-neu-8200171678/830562159-223-760

dan's cast offs.
I cannot see how this can be the case.

All Ph2 172/182`s have the same knuckles 8200171678/673, with the exception of the 182 cup pack knuckles, but they are interchangeable with the standard items anyway, with the correct 40mm hubs.

end of the cv where it sits against the bearing had a step on it of about 15mm or so. don't know for certain what it was meant for though?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I have a n/s j&r shaft on for the past 12 months ish, been spot on.

Such a shame to hear horror stories about them.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
dont get a j&r driveshaft. i fitted mine drove home from work and the vibration was horrendous. put the old one back on. still not got a refund!. also dont get a shaftec one, one lasted 3 months the latest one lasted 3 weeks.

Are the shafts that ktec sell actually genuine?

PH2 172
When you think about it, with the exception of the one piece RH 172 cup shaft, all Ph2`s 172/182`s must have the same shafts.

All share the same front subframe, equal length wishbones, interchangeable knuckles, a JC5 gearbox & a F4r engine.

Give it a different part number, charge a price picked out the air,& confuse any aftermarket manufacturers.

PH2 172
dont get a j&r driveshaft. i fitted mine drove home from work and the vibration was horrendous. put the old one back on. still not got a refund!. also dont get a shaftec one, one lasted 3 months the latest one lasted 3 weeks.

Has it occurred to you that your engine mounts are so fucked that your car eats shafts?

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
Has it occurred to you that your engine mounts are so fucked that your car eats shafts?

All engine mounts are new, its actually due to the fact the outer boot pretty much melted on track and spat its grease everywhere. some how the boots twisted round too. it actually started knocking 1 day after the trackday.

PH2 172
All engine mounts are new, its actually due to the fact the outer boot pretty much melted on track and spat its grease everywhere. some how the boots twisted round too. it actually started knocking 1 day after the trackday.
If you are going to go 3 wheeling on a track, this will happen with standard mounts even with an OE shaft.

Does this have anything to do with OP?

182 Clio sport
Is that with the discount code?

No discount code and yes just for one

For 2 maybe.

This LH 182 shaft appears to be a genuine Renault part. (not that they manufactured them in the 1st place)

http://tjlparts.co.uk/driveshaft-8200352043

Wow!!

http://tjlparts.co.uk/car-parts/timing-belt-kit

I new I should of waited for a responce from you, I had a feeling you'd find one cheaper. Nevermind, at last it will be with me in the morning and hopefully the car will feel save enough to "test the rev limiter" over the weekend ?
Thanks again for your help and I'll update you when I get the parts and get the car in bits.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
No discount code and yes just for one

Could always use this code and order a new one and send the other one back if you save a bit?

Screenshot_20180511-062901.jpg

Inferno 182 & Saxo

So you are another person to add to this list of J&R faulty crap and non refunds :(

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I think he did the best price he could for me but when I go pick it up I'll try my luck. Thanks mate

maybe post up some pictures of the shaft/outer cv when you pick it up? Seems that any photos of parts so people can make comparisons are very thin on the ground with this topic

182 Clio sport
Sorry I didn't see this. It's already fitted. The gater on the cv joint was a pain. They crimped it on and that meant we couldn't slide the metal thing on that you bolt the drive shaft to the gear box with (don't know what it's called) got over that in the end. It's a refurbed unit for an eye watering 160 :( thanks for your advice everyone