ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Magnex Back Box/system

v6 mk2
hi,

i am missing the sound from the v6 and feel the trophy is a bit quiet so fancied a stainless backbox or system. Was checking out GDIs website and saw they sold the magnex exhausts for the trophy.

Ive always had magnex exhausts, had a full system on my saxo vts and just a backbox on my mk1 172 and i was well impressed with the quality, ease of fitting and the overall sound. The 172 was a perfect sound with only a backbox and i dont feel the need to shell out the extra money for a full system unless its worth it. I dont want it too loud, my old 172 had a very sporty grumbly note on tickover but wasnt boomy or too loud even on motorways.

Here are my dilemmas.

Magnex 182 stainless : Any1 on here got 1, if so whats it like??
Backbox or full system? Backbox is 230 quid and system 390 quid
Both systems have 3.5 inch pipes but do i get them slash cut or straight!! (im more favoured towards the slash cut as they fit into the bumper better)

Your thought are very much appreciated.

Ian

Ad

MK2 FRS
Magnex is a nice sysemt on the 182. Maz has a cat back, the 182 system is quite a rapsy as the 172 system in my opinion. Also i prefer the slash cut.

v6 mk2
you sorted out a trophy yet mate, i see you are after 1!?

Would you consider a magnex when the trophy comes??

Ian

looking for 172 cup
had a Magnex cat back on a 182, didn,t really sound much louder that standard ...after bout 6 months it started to rattle so got replaced under warrenty and that broke as well...
so i dont recommend ....

i then had a blueflame which was better but not as good as my prospeed exhaust which i have now

really would recommend prospeed :)

looking for 172 cup
website is www.pro-speedexhausts.com or call 02920 461 444

really would recommend worth the money :)

this is only pic i have will do a close up some time tomorrow if you want ?

Attachments

• 100_0805 (Small).JPG
    100_0805 (Small).JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 97
  v6 mk2
that looks really good mate, yeah that would be great. Only problem is i am in scotland!? do they have to fir while you wait a bit like Powerflow??

I can fit the exhaust no probs if they can send it out.

What did you go for? cat back, 3.5 inch, and how much did it cost?

Cheers mate.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
wouldnt what id pick first .... h&s for me.....the magnex is a poor fit... worse than my stelth

Clio 172 mk2
Yeah..the size and weight of the backbox was a problem on my 172....the additional bracket supplied couldn't handle the weight too well.

Not sure about the 182 ones though.....they may be better

Maz

LY 200
Ali said:
Heavy exhausts....I think Maz had problems too.

I did have problems with the baffels but Magnex sorted it all under warranty and I am very happy with it :approve: .. guess I don't know any different though :rasp:

looking for 172 cup
cliov6-230 said:
that looks really good mate, yeah that would be great. Only problem is i am in scotland!? do they have to fir while you wait a bit like Powerflow??

I can fit the exhaust no probs if they can send it out.

What did you go for? cat back, 3.5 inch, and how much did it cost?

Cheers mate.

you would have to travel to cardiff mate :( i went for cat back, exhaust is GDI,s design with 3.5inch slash cut tail pipe... fits bumper really nice..... price was around £600

I have a cat back Magnex on my 182, not that impressed by it to be honest...
The first one I had the baffles went in the centre box after about 5 months so got a replacement one from them.
I had my new one fitted yesterday and the left pipe sat lower than the right and was completely off centre, ive now fixed this problem with cable ties. Same as the first one, does sound nice though!

IMO, get a custom made one!

Rob.