ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 making a wird whinning noise

RenaultSport Clio 182 CUP
Hiya guys

My clio has started making a funny winning noise and gets loader the faster i go and also sounds as if its coming from the front. Iv also noticed that it also gets louder when I steer to the left. Is this likely to be the wheel bearing and if so, are they easy to change?

Cheers

Clio 172 Rep (SOLD)
what is this, mine is doign the same, but mine is not the wheel bearings. it is the first thing that i would check, and its highly likely it is. shop about for parts and prices, mine ranged from 200 renault to 50 fitted small garage with bearing and a press.

RenaultSport Clio 182 CUP
Hope it is just the wheel bearing, I tried shaking each wheel and front left did make a slight squeak noise when giving it a good shake. Is there a way of checking if a wheel bearing is gone?

Hope it is just the wheel bearing, I tried shaking each wheel and front left did make a slight squeak noise when giving it a good shake. Is there a way of checking if a wheel bearing is gone?

Hold the wheel top and bottom or side to side and see if you can shake it.