ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Manifold On 172?

80MPG BEEZA
right serious time i've converted y dynamique to a 2.0 172 and i've finaly quit messing round with audio gear so i've taken it all out and i'm going for looks and performance car already looks the nuts just wants colour coding but tuning i want help on i just bought a full stainless magnex system and a pipercross viper kit i'm going for all out tuning so is it worth buying the 182 manifold and sports cat for the extra 12bhp? dont mind the money i just need to know its only the subframe that has to be lowered as my garage can drop that without removing the engine which would result in fitting the manifold for cheaper!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Batman said:
right serious time i've converted y dynamique to a 2.0 172 and i've finaly quit messing round with audio gear so i've taken it all out and i'm going for looks and performance car already looks the nuts just wants colour coding but tuning i want help on i just bought a full stainless magnex system and a pipercross viper kit i'm going for all out tuning so is it worth buying the 182 manifold and sports cat for the extra 12bhp? dont mind the money i just need to know its only the subframe that has to be lowered as my garage can drop that without removing the engine which would result in fitting the manifold for cheaper!

If moneys not an object

182 Manifold
YS decat 182-172 pipe
YS Silenced zorst (We're not all deaf like you fred)
Inlets and exhaust matched
Head work
Billet cams
Remap (Lots of Variables from Hacking the std ECU, To Dastek,SMT7 or Omex)
Enlarged single ITB is an option.
Maxogen Air filter. (NOT A VIPER)

Bhp well in excess of 205
Total cost - ;) Spk to Fred LOL

Nippy white cup
Danlp6 said:
I have NO ecu mods atall, and i had a passenger, yet i was keeping with a r-sport ecu'd car with the same mods as mine(air filter, and a cat-back exhaust). MarkCup is the person i was racing.

Thats fair enough m8...although I`d like to see you run it up a dragstrip....I would bet that it wouldn`t be lower than 14.6 at best...unless you have some manifold work etc....Rhys of here had a mk1 172 with decat and exhaust and seats out etc and got 14.5 (IIRC)...

With my mods mine did

15.0 std

14.4 with cone filter (hardly a good mod performance wise) and Rsport
(half a sec doesn`t sound much but believe me it is over that distance)

14.1 with decat/exhaust

I`ve just posted some vids of it at York...against the Trophy (sorry Andy! :)) I got a 14.2 i think against a 15.1......pretty big difference imo

Chris

MKIII 138
yup 1 sec ova the 1/4 mile is a big diffo.

chris, with thr r-sport did you fit the cone decat then remap or does the new ecu take into account higher airflow etc.. also with 14.2 did you have back seats in or run special tyres ??

80MPG BEEZA
bit to late for not getting the magnex system and the viper they've all ready been paid for and ordered shud arrive in 2 days got 100 squid off them so its a good deal,
the ecu work sounds good only problem is i dont have the chassis number of the car where my engine came from and i'm sure i need it to change ecu and matty who sorted me the engine doesnt have the chassis number so i'm abit ?????

Chris n nic said:
Thats fair enough m8...although I`d like to see you run it up a dragstrip....I would bet that it wouldn`t be lower than 14.6 at best...unless you have some manifold work etc....Rhys of here had a mk1 172 with decat and exhaust and seats out etc and got 14.5 (IIRC)...

I do have manifold mods :) next on the line is a decat me thinks.

Hi BenR,
Which bearing you meant? No uprated one available?
BenR said:
bang on the button.

The bearings in renaults are horribly soft and certainly do not appreciate a battering. Its official renault sport info that they gaurantee you will have a failure if you live at above 7200rpm for long periods.

All the bearings i've seen suffer from the same problems, its all down to their contruction and fitment design. Mains and bigs suffer different problems but i'm not willing to say exactly what the problem is or how to solve it as it took me a while to diagnose exactly where the problem lie. And the major problem is that renault only offer one bearing size.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Chris n nic said:

With my mods mine did

15.0 std

14.4 with cone filter (hardly a good mod performance wise) and Rsport
(half a sec doesn`t sound much but believe me it is over that distance)

14.1 with decat/exhaust

I`ve just posted some vids of it at York...against the Trophy (sorry Andy! :)) I got a 14.2 i think against a 15.1......pretty big difference imo

Chris

Inlet blueprinting and a 182 mani, will see you into 13's.

Failing that....Let Abi drive she'll piss all over your time. ;)

Ph1
Here's the difference in lengh between a 172 / 182 cat and manifold.

Cant see how it would be possible to cut down a 182 cat to make it fit for MOT time ....anyone help on this and know how much would need to be cut off ??

182 system nearest the red door:
12.jpg

15.jpg

they had several revisions.
Earliest ones were twin chamber unrestrictive types, but as they failed they were replaced under warrenty with crappy single element cats.

182BG
i tried cutting down a 182 manifold to fit, but couldnt get it right. In the end i got a sports cat made up from powerflow to fit my 182 manifold. Great mod to have in my opinion.
Yes you have to drop the subframe, which was rather difficult :)

The ktec system uses the 182 manifold and a modified sports cat, the only problem is they charge an absolute bomb to fit it :( if you have the money it would be the easiest route to take

Turbos.
Did you drop the subframe without the use of a garage lee? I was thinking of having a go as the labour is so much.

Ph1
FredYozzasport said:
all mk1 172 (aka phquick) cats are like that

the mk2 172 cat is longer

I thought it was simply, single cat pipe for early mk1 172's and double for the later ones (2001 models)

Anyone got a guide on how to drop the subframe ???

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Raving Drifter said:
Hi BenR,
Which bearing you meant? No uprated one available?

i didnt think the bearings where so much the problem,i thought it was the balancing of the bottom end that was the problem,i know of a spider that had a balanced/blueprinted engine that used standard bearings that used to rev to 8.5k and never had any issues

Nope, the bearings are pure crap.

balancing will hell reduce TV and associated damage, but they are still soft any anything.