ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Manifold + Performance Pipe Rough Price??

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Thinking about this as my first and only mod

Anyone give me a rough guide price on what I can expect to pay.

Cheers

i think the manifold on the rs clios are pretty good anyhow. get a btb exhaust if its a 182 or ktec stealth if its a 182.

with either a k-tec / yozzasport sport cat or decat if you dont mind swapping back.

get the acoustic valve off there and replace it with a decent cold air feed. and get a replacement panel air filter for your airbox. ITG is the most popular but i went for k&n

ktec stealth is 350inc vat (fitting yourself)

acousit valve removal is free

panel filter is about 40 + 10 for the cold air feed.

i think the manifold on the rs clios are pretty good anyhow. get a btb exhaust if its a 182 or ktec stealth if its a 182.

with either a k-tec / yozzasport sport cat or decat if you dont mind swapping back.

get the acoustic valve off there and replace it with a decent cold air feed. and get a replacement panel air filter for your airbox. ITG is the most popular but i went for k&n

Sorry is the BTB for the 182 and the ktec stealth for the 172??

i think the manifold on the rs clios are pretty good anyhow

Thats not the point. The manifold is the source of the power difference between a 172 and 182. Hence he'll gain 10bhp (in theory) putting a 182 mani on his 172.

I've thought about having this done myself, but having it fitted ain't cheap I believe

i think the manifold on the rs clios are pretty good anyhow

Thats not the point. The manifold is the source of the power difference between a 172 and 182. Hence he'll gain 10bhp (in theory) putting a 182 mani on his 172.

I've thought about having this done myself, but having it fitted ain't cheap I believe

sorry dude, just realised you have a 172. i thought you meant 182 manifold as in aftermarket jobby

ah i see.
is it a straight swap for the 172 fannimold? or do you need to use a 182 cat too as the 172 item is longer yeah?

is there really another 10bhp to be had just with the manifold? or did they fiddle with the ecu management at all?

ok ....the original 172 is 4-1 , the 182 manifold 4-2-1 , but i would recommend getting the inlets done too .....(my next project)

as 10 bhp ....you'll get about 3 to 4 from the mani transplant but will look at about 600 spending .

i would recommend it though as you'll feel the improvement once done as i did , it feels smoother on acceleration and picks up quicker .

ah i see.
is it a straight swap for the 172 fannimold? or do you need to use a 182 cat too as the 172 item is longer yeah?

is there really another 10bhp to be had just with the manifold? or did they fiddle with the ecu management at all?

no changing to the ecu , but you cant fit the 182 manifold without a ktec sports cat , otherwise its 172 decat with link pipe to the exhaust system

Its not a straight swap - thats why its fairly expensive to have fitted.

Think you need a link pipe to connect it to the 172 cat.

K-tec do a 182 mani and sport cat kit - check it out.

Don't think they tweaked the ECU much, most of the gain comes from the manifold IRRC

hmm is it worth it though... 0.0066666 BHP per £ for changing the manifold

(based on it adding 4bhp to your car and costing you 600)

i expect you could find one cheapish on ebay... and then fit it yourself

Its not a straight swap - thats why its fairly expensive to have fitted.

Think you need a link pipe to connect it to the 172 cat.

K-tec do a 182 mani and sport cat kit - check it out.

Don't think they tweaked the ECU much, most of the gain comes from the manifold IRRC

you've already got the ktec sports cat , so manifold swap would be easier for you :D

hmm is it worth it though... 0.0066666 BHP per £ for changing the manifold

(based on it adding 4bhp to your car and costing you 600)

i expect you could find one cheapish on ebay... and then fit it yourself

yep , but getting one 2nd hand is the problem , seen one go on ebay for 250 ish , but not forgetting the link pipe or cat and fitting ???

i got the exact one for half the price , cost me 210 fitting , hence 600 quid all in :approve:

if anyone wants to check mine out before spending the good hard earned cash , let me know .

i would rather spend 20 odd quid to check if its worth the money before investing in the transplant

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Remember when looking at mods and power increases don't just look at peak power, it's good for pub talk but really see how it effects the car throughout the range.

M2 Competition
you've already got the ktec sports cat , so manifold swap would be easier for you :D

I know! lol

But its still alot of dough to have fitted.....

Nooooo!

The cat they sell with the manifold is special...

one end of it is 182, the other end is 172, so it links the two different exhaust parts. Johns sports cat is 172 both ends, and far longer than the link manifold swap link cat...

For the money, you'll notice more difference with a good sports exhaust, and a decat pipe fella.

182 manifold seems a lot of dosh.

By just adding a decent cold air feed,panel filer + BTB exhaust what sort of gain in power would I be looking at.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
To be honest mate, unless you pick up a 182 manifold for peanuts (£50.00), then I wouldn't bother. The manifold alone doesn't give the 10bhp gain quoted, as said it is nearer 3-4bhp. This is due to the fact that Renault gradually improved the quality of the inlet manifold casts during 172/182 production therefore, unofficially a fair chunk of the power hike can be attributed to this.

My 172 fitted with custom cat' back, silicone bend with vented breather, Pipercross panel filter with 70mm CAF and removal of acoustic valve recorded 175bhp peak on a DynoDynamics RR. On the same rollers on the same day, it recorded 180bhp peak with an RS Tuning remap added to the mix with a good 15 lb/ft mid range torque gained.

With my 200 cell sports cat' fitted and phase 1 172 air box, Pipercross panel filter and 2 x 60mm CAF's I would expect nearer 185bhp peak but more mid range. And finally, my planned inlet match should give near 195bhp peak and again, a good increase in mid-range torque.