ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Milltek exhaust Resonated vs. Non- Resonated

CrashBurnFly

ClioSport Club Member
  various
If you are thinking which to get and will be driving on the road - get the Resonated version as the straight through pipe of the Non Resonated whilst a louder burble at tickover creates a really annoying buzz/resonation from 4/5k upwards. Really annoying! If its a track car and you are wearing helmet, then maybe not an issue. I swapped to the Resonated pipe (it is just the center section) and now just a pleasant noise and no noticeable drop off in performance. If you want the Milltek to mount very closely to the twin cutouts in your rear bumper then you will need to cut and re-weld the brackets on the rear twin pipe section. Changing the exhaust over is best done on a lift as you have to let the rear suspension beam drop to make it much easier to do. HTH. Paul.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
If you are thinking which to get and will be driving on the road - get the Resonated version as the straight through pipe of the Non Resonated whilst a louder burble at tickover creates a really annoying buzz/resonation from 4/5k upwards. Really annoying! If its a track car and you are wearing helmet, then maybe not an issue. I swapped to the Resonated pipe (it is just the center section) and now just a pleasant noise and no noticeable drop off in performance. If you want the Milltek to mount very closely to the twin cutouts in your rear bumper then you will need to cut and re-weld the brackets on the rear twin pipe section. Changing the exhaust over is best done on a lift as you have to let the rear suspension beam drop to make it much easier to do. HTH. Paul.
I get no buzz or resonance with a non res decat milltek system on my 182? Just all of the rasps