ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Nasty Creaking Noise

Just noticed a nasty creaking noise when i go over those plastic speed humps that we have at our works car park just wondered if any one else had experienced the same thing ...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Topper - Im with you on this m8. Noticed the passenger seat squeeks now when no-one is seating in it (which is 99% of the time). Got an annoying noise behind the dash - press the fascia around the CD player and all goes quiet. Oh, and a slight clunking noise when on full steering lock.

The worst is the exhaust/clutch/engine mount noise - that really is beginning to piss me off. It should belong to an wheezy B-reg Sierra, not a new-ish car.

D.

Clio 182 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by M.C.. on 30 March 2005

mine does the same when i am backing on the drive with full lock on
I get exactly the same thing. Backing down my driveway, I get a few creaking noises from the front passengers side suspension. Would love to know what it is. Ive got it on my list of things to get checked at its first service.

cheers

k00k

[Edited by k00k on 31 March 2005 at 2:57am]

my 172 creaks fron the front drivers suspensin when parking and manouvering (spell??), its been to the garage three times and they adjust "something", it goes away for a week or so then comes back! Reaaly annoying me!

My original mk1 172 did this and now my 182 does it to... excatly how you described.

I put it down the the suspension but is this the engine mount thing?!

Funny enough mines black gold too lol :confused:

anyone ever had it when they brake hard so the nose dips, then as you come to a stop and the nose lifts back up it creaks??

Cup 172

I had the same problem with my 172 CUP so I did a search and found on my car that the extra camber causes the nut on the top of the strut to foul the suspension turret. Armed with this info, I went to Benfield Renault in Kendal and left the car with them.

When I collected it, the told me that they had replaced the stut top bearings/bushes and modified the suspension turret, and guess what.....NO MORE SQUEAKS/CLUNKS at full lock during low speed driving over uneven surfaces. Also steering feels a hell of a lot better and car seems to ride more smoothly over bumps.

The clunk under acceleration/lifting off in 1st/2nd is caused by the left hand top engine mount rubber(looking under bonnet from front of car) not being central in the square metal plate. The rubber part should not touch any part of the metal plate.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 30 March 2005

Topper - Im with you on this m8. Noticed the passenger seat squeeks now when no-one is seating in it (which is 99% of the time).
Its the seat runners. give them a good lubing :)