ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 New owner

Silver 182 F/F

Just purchased 182,which i am very happy with apart from one thing,which is the playback from the stereo is not has good has i was expecting,when i higher the volume past 28 mark it just distortes.Is this common or does it sound like a fault. cheers

28 !!??

isnt that bloody loud? mines normally below 20, if its the same as the Mk2 Ph1 stereos.

welcome to the club by the way.

Audi RS4

mine tends to distort or vibrate the plastic!Dont wanna put a diff head unit in though,they never look right IMO.

I have just upgraded my H/U to a sony with a graphic equliser, the difference in sound is amazing and the starndard speakers are better than I first thought. I thought the standard renault unit was ok but when I fitted this, 100% better

Silver 182 F/F

Agree that over 28 is loud but if the stereo goes upto 32 surely it should be able to handle it,most my previous cars have always handled full volume.Any thing in the early 20s and i can still hear my wife speaking thats why i like it loud.

Silver 182 F/F

Think i will have to take it to the dealers to have a listen,anything less than 20 and i can hear cars passing by, must be faulty which i thought has it seems when ive searched the net other people have been saying the stereo is of a good quality,which mine is not plus the bass has to be set between -4 to -6 or the speakers just make a vibrating distorting noise

gday bruce, hows bruce?

:-D

welcome to cliosport!

28 is LOUD, are you sure your speakers are both working?

/y0z

Silver 182 F/F

Have a lot of comments that 28 is very loud,am i right in thinking that everyones clio radio in the late 20s distorts then.Like i said earlier if it goes upto 32 surely the speakers and the head unit have been packaged together to cope with this output? Just swapped leon cupra for 182 and when i listened to the radio on that,i would listen at about 3/4 full which was loud but if i took it upto full whack it could still handle it without making embarassing distortion noises.

Welcome. Getting it on 28 is a pretty big effort. The HU amp will be distorting before the speakers.

I get mine up to 22 with +3 trebble and +3 bass. On flat or - bass and trebble I have had 25 but never 28.

Respect

Silver 182 F/F

No you can buy interfaces that allow the use of the stalk controlls on certain stereos going to visit unicar in leeds to say what they say.What does yours sound like leeds-182 because i cant get into the dealears untill late next week to see if its faulty and i am really impatient and can see me buying a new headunit over the weekend,when maybe its just the case that mine is faulty.

I usually have it at 5 and 7 on the motorway. you people are going to go def and crash into everyone because you cant hear whats going on around you.

mine improved loads when i fitted my new headunit, however the speakers still distort when you crank up the volume especially if you like a fair bit of bass. since i added my amp/sub to the system ive been surprised how loud the std speakers can go with reasonable sound quality now they are only dealing with the mid and treble.

Silver 182 F/F

Andy your convincing me mine must be faulty, if i had mine between 5 and 7 all i would hear is the engine and road noise and thats not the point of a stereo.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by BRUCE182 on 19 February 2005

;)Have too agree with edgerfs,on occasions you just want that bit more to impress.
People will be more impressed with your car than what music is blaring out ;)

With regards to your wife..teach her where her volume switch is then you can hear your music :p

CLIO

where can u buy these interfaces so you can use your stalkcontrols and also does it still display which station you are on where the outside temp is displayed?????

[Edited by JPW172 on 19 February 2005 at 11:16am]

Silver 182 F/F

Sorry to disapponit bruce is the surname,Yorkshire doesnt get that much sun unfortunately.Search the internet for the interfaces i found one on kelkoo.

Quote: Originally posted by BRUCE182 on 18 February 2005

Agree that over 28 is loud but if the stereo goes upto 32 surely it should be able to handle it,most my previous cars have always handled full volume.Any thing in the early 20s and i can still hear my wife speaking thats why i like it loud.
Personally out of about 15 odd cars in 7 years I have never had a stereo in my car that can handle full volume, nor have I ever heard one that will if the speakers wont distort then the stereo will.

My clio stereo is normally adjusted between 15 & 21

Yaris Hybrid

I have +3 treble and +3 base and I tend to have my volume set from 12 to 14 and I might rarely go to 15. Cannot for the life understand why anyone would want to go above that unless they have hearing problems.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i stick to around 15/16 and i think thats loud!

anything above that and it starts to distort for me