ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 non start

kingell0

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/230
Hello.
My 182 turns over for a few seconds then cuts the starter out, immobiliser light on solid all the time.
Any help appreciated.
I see that EFI have an immobiliser cure by sending ecu to them for reset, anyone tried this?
Thanks.
Gary

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
This might be of some help mate

kingell0

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/230
This might be of some help mate
I have same problem I think, immobiliser light stays solid after inserting ignition key and stays constant, hate it!
I have read everything and got advice from EFI and he thinks it a broken wire from ECU to behind headlight white connector plug or from white plug to UCH in car under glovebox.
I have tried finding it by use of circuit continuance but too many wires to check, although they did say the twisted wires in loom from plug to internal are best bet.
Hope this helps and if you cure let me know please.
ECU wire goes over gearbox so maybe after the work😩

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
As Efi said It willmost likely be a corroded/broken wire. I found one going from the white plug to the engine loom internally corroded on one i fixed recently with same issue, wire just snapped when wiggled.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was also fixed by cleaning the white connector under the fuse box - car would crank for 2s then stop. It was an immobiliser issue.

After cleaning contacts, applying a liberal amount of silicone grease and re connecting the issue has not come back for 2+ years so far. Admittedly my engine is currently not in the car so I can't test if thats still the case 🤦‍♂️

#ClioLife

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ive also fixed a couple of green terminals in the white connectors causing issues before.

Ive noted on the clios that the engine bay fusebox cover is a s**t fit and can allow water in especially if the car is stood for periods of time without use. The one i fixed had water tracking down the spade terminals for the small relays for immob, engine loom power causing the wiring to go corroded and bad 4" into the loom. Id say if relay terminals are going green then its the start of the issue, get the contacts cleaned up and covered in silicone grease to try and slow it down.

I might look into making up a few reconditioned engine looms in the new year to help people out with these issues, new terminals and wiring where needed, re wrapped etc.