ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 on ebay, info anyone?

Volvo S80 V8
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 182 and I've seen this one on ebay. Was just wondering if anyone has been to see it yet? or if it's anyone's on here?

Just wanting to see if there was much background info!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173603560292

Ta!

s-l1600.jpg

Rattle can job wheels and where are the recaros? For 2k Im sure someone on here will be selling one in better condition.

Put a post up in the wanted?

Land Rover
It needs £1,000 spending from what l can see.
Has it had a new clutch, and when were the belts last changed?
“Cheapest in the country in this spec and mileage” lol

Volvo S80 V8
Has it had a new clutch, and when were the belts last changed?
“Cheapest in the country in this spec and mileage” lol

I mean the advert definitely has a few red flags. Just wanted to check my gut feeling was right!

PH2 172
l

And probably another £2,000 on what you cannot see.

Which is why I thought yours was fair value at £4k, though I don`t think I would have to dig too deep to find £1,000 worth of bits & pieces that it would be

desirable to replace even on yours.

Land Rover
And probably another £2,000 on what you cannot see.

Which is why I thought yours was fair value at £4k, though I don`t think I would have to dig too deep to find £1,000 worth of bits & pieces that it would be

desirable to replace even on yours.

You may struggle!! I’ve done everything even down to replacing the various screws and fasteners underneath the car.
The previous owner even fitted new wheel arch liners.

The £1,000 quote is from past experience
Every used car l have bought has needed about £1,000 pretty much straight away

Land Rover
£2,000 is about right for a useable, clean 182 though.
And being a dealer you will get by law a basic warranty
So if the cam belt or aux belt snaps on the way home, you’ll be covered.

Trouble is, nobody wants to pay any more than that for the best ones, they still expect them for £2,000.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
£2,000 is about right for a useable, clean 182 though.
And being a dealer you will get by law a basic warranty
So if the cam belt or aux belt snaps on the way home, you’ll be covered.

Trouble is, nobody wants to pay any more than that for the best ones, they still expect them for £2,000.
I doubt very much he's a dealer .

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Unless that was like a “no one listens to advice here” post... I’m new at this okay ha
Yeah, generally people ask and then do the opposite of the general concensus ?. I'm sure newbies are allowed to bend the rules a couple of times though.
Spend £12 for full membership if you've not already and get browsing the cars for sale section and put up a wanted. You'll find better cars for sale on here.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Yeah, generally people ask and then do the opposite of the general concensus ?. I'm sure newbies are allowed to bend the rules a couple of times though.
Spend £12 for full membership if you've not already and get browsing the cars for sale section and put up a wanted. You'll find better cars for sale on here.

This ^^^^^

PH2 172

That`s because that`s what they sold theirs for, 6 years ago.

A curious system of valuation has evolved on CS over the years, whereby a car can be valued at £1000 at 9.00 am, then have £1000 worth of tyres, ss exhaust

and a complete set of discs & pads fitted during the day, and then be revalued at £900 come 6.00 pm.

Land Rover
Damn that car has struggled to find a loving home. It's like a cute puppy that's a right little b*****d ?. GLWS.

I love the car but now have four vehicles which is too many.
But if it doesn’t sell for reasonable money l will keep it, l’m not going to give it away.
I bought it because the last owner didn’t want to rebuild the gearbox. The next owner will only need to tax it, there’s nothing left to do.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I love the car but now have four vehicles which is too many.
But if it doesn’t sell for reasonable money l will keep it, l’m not going to give it away.
I bought it because the last owner didn’t want to rebuild the gearbox. The next owner will only need to tax it, there’s nothing left to do.
Its definatly one of the better ones. I'd sell the up?.

Land Rover
TBH we could’ve not bothered with a new car and kept the Clio, but my missus struggled with it before the clutch and belts were done, it was a nightmare to drive in traffic as the clutch was so heavy and it kangaroo’d in traffic unless you rode the clutch.
Her drive to work is basically 45 minutes of stop start traffic.
So we went ahead with the new car, and she does love it.

But the Clio, since the work was done it’s like night and day, it’s as smooth as the VW (the last person who did the cam belt got the timing slightly off) and so much nicer with a light clutch.

PH2 172
The next owner will only need to tax it, there’s nothing left to do.

I`ve just managed to spend £370 on new rear braided hoses ( £35 ) ( the old flexi`s were showing signs of age related degradation ), 2 new rear calipers as I

had one with a split piston boot ( noticed last time I changed the pads ) and considered buying 2 new ones complete for £98 was preferable to the hassle of rebuilding the old ones.

I attempted to fit the new calipers this week,, but found the nuts of the rear brake hoses were corroded to the pipes, so another £70 there.

The plastic sleeves of the inner handbrake cables were crumbling on inspection, so another £54 for OE, and as the rear disc assemblies that I replace £39k miles ago are showing wear, so make a proper job of it, and replace them too, £102 OE.

Throw in some pads & a bit of carriage, and there you have it.

All the old kit is still functioning, but I look at it as forward maintenance which I hope to reap the benefit of, if the grim reaper doesn`t get me 1st.

Hopes to complete fitment on Tuesday.

Thanks to RPD, Wolverhampton Renault & Kam Racing for supply of parts within days.

Note to @RPD, if you were more enthusiastic about answering the phone, you could have had some of the business that went elsewhere.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I`ve just managed to spend £370 on new rear braided hoses ( £35 ) ( the old flexi`s were showing signs of age related degradation ), 2 new rear calipers as I

had one with a split piston boot ( noticed last time I changed the pads ) and considered buying 2 new ones complete for £98 was preferable to the hassle of rebuilding the old ones.

I attempted to fit the new calipers this week,, but found the nuts of the rear brake hoses were corroded to the pipes, so another £70 there.

The plastic sleeves of the inner handbrake cables were crumbling on inspection, so another £54 for OE, and as the rear disc assemblies that I replace £39k miles ago are showing wear, so make a proper job of it, and replace them too, £102 OE.

All the old kit is still functioning, but I look at it as forward maintenance which I hope to reap the benefit of, if the grim reaper doesn`t get me 1st.

Thanks to RPD, Wolverhampton Renault & Kam Racing for supply of parts within days.

Note to @RPD, if you were more enthusiastic about answering the phone, you could have had some of the business that went elsewhere.

Reno wolves FTW imo used them for years !!! Always great service and price.
Also do nissan parts if that's of use to anyone.

Old banger

You have spent a few Bob on this steve

dan's cast offs.

In all fairness Paul is the only one who answers the phone there so if it doesn't get answered then he's either busy or out.

It does get annoying though that no other fucker answers the bloody phone though!!!