ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 on Top Gear

Quote: Originally posted by ricjax99 on 11 June 2004

Yeah, supercars are all well and good but way too intimidating to drive. If you watch Clarksons Shootout you will find he crowns the VX220 Turbo the most fun you can have in a car. I totally agree, it looks mental thru the bends! Strapping Turbod 200BHP to an improved lotus chassis and a car that weighs as much as..well...the average cardboard box is about as fun as you can get.

Although value doesnt come into it that much, 0-60 in 4secs for £20K is fapping unreal!

The new VXR does it less than 4!! :eek:

And the best thing is, it doesnt say vauxhall on it anywhere heheh ;)

Just a shame it has blinking big V on the front grill, apart from that a fantastic little motor.

[Edited by Paul_G on 11 June 2004 at 1:25pm]

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 11 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 11 June 2004

It has been mentioned that Perry McCarthy tested the CTR, not the new Stig.

There lies a variable.

The Top Gear times are hardly scientific...
Too many variables to make an accurate comparison, there are so many things that can affect the times!

I remember when they had that red V6 Clio on and it was pouring with rain. To get more accurate comparisons the weather conditions should be similar and I always wished that they had waited for a dry day to drive the V6.

Apparently Terry Wogan is driving their naff car round the track this week!

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_G on 11 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by ricjax99 on 11 June 2004

Yeah, supercars are all well and good but way too intimidating to drive. If you watch Clarksons Shootout you will find he crowns the VX220 Turbo the most fun you can have in a car. I totally agree, it looks mental thru the bends! Strapping Turbod 200BHP to an improved lotus chassis and a car that weighs as much as..well...the average cardboard box is about as fun as you can get.

Although value doesnt come into it that much, 0-60 in 4secs for £20K is fapping unreal!

The new VXR does it less than 4!! :eek:

And the best thing is, it doesnt say vauxhall on it anywhere heheh ;)

Just a shame it has blinking big V on the front grill, apart from that a fantastic little motor.

[Edited by Paul_G on 11 June 2004 at 1:25pm]

You cant see it sat behind the wheel (unless the s. wheel has one) ;)

The accelation in that car must be mint. Not to mention my love for RWD cars :D

They do say Va....ll swear word on the steering wheel unfortunately...

Id rather have the the 111R Elise or Exige 2 (then I cant get taken out by the yanks in their Apaches :D)...

The VXT has a little Griffin on the wheel , thats all. Mines up to 260bhp now and it really does shift, easily as fast as my Dads old 360 Spider and upto 100 not a lot in it even against his Gallardo.

Theres a little something called pride of ownership and quality. You cant compare an Evo to the Gallardo. My Dad had a Evo 7 RS Extreme last year that he used to hillclimb, sure it was quick but hell its no 360/575/GT2/Gallardo. If he ever wanted to go out for a drive hed take one of those, not the Evo. When you buy a supercar like that, you buy years of heritage and a real sense of ownership and passion. Not knocking the Evos or Scoobys since I like them but its not even a fair comparison. The "why spend £100k when you can get a car that performs the same to 100mph for £30k" is a cop-out and justification to those insecure enough about their car. Besides get past 100 and you can kiss goodbye to your Evos and STIs, my VXT gets blitzed and that would leave an STI for dead.