ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 on Top Gear

They showed a clip of the forthcoming stuff for the new series and it included the Racing Blue 182 with stripes going round a corner on 3 wheels.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The Fiesta Sanitry Towel looks okay but i was a little dissapointed when the said 2.0l with 150bhp ..

Meg on pistonheads £6995

looks good - I bet the build quality is higher than Clio!

according to Ford, they reckon the handling will allow it to live with 182 and Pug 180!

the RS looks the dogs thou in AutoCar mag 200BHP for £16K @ end of 05

Meg on pistonheads £6995

I think itll work, but Focus ST170 has been slated for the same, despite being an excellent alrounder!

but there gonna get a low insurance group and keep price down to tempt young drivers who dont wanna spend a grand or more insuring a 172 or similar!

Quote: Originally posted by black kro on 10 May 2004

looks good - I bet the build quality is higher than Clio!

according to Ford, they reckon the handling will allow it to live with 182 and Pug 180!

the RS looks the dogs thou in AutoCar mag 200BHP for £16K @ end of 05

I believe the official word is that it will be 180 BHP and rather than focus on a high Power figure they are angling for a focused drivers car.

Wonder when theyll be testing the 182 then? What are the chances Clarkson will sl*g off the build quality? Actually, thats a fair point ;)

They seemed to like the Aston DB9 last night - got to admit Id love one of them. Now, wheres that winning lottery ticket...

that bloke sed exactly wot i was thinkin!

"its a ford"

say no more!

i dont want the clio on there! he only gonna abuse it to hell and say how sh*t it is!

gotta say tho, that rover street car thing was funny as f**k!

Orange 182

I love my 182 but Ive had so much more sh*t with the clio than any of my previous Ford cars... even my old banger fiestas

Defo consider trading it for a Fiesta RS when it comes out, altho by then there will be all kinds of other stuff available.

182, GTR, C63

Going back to the 182 evo rated it as best hot hatch and they know wot there talking about so clarkson wont be able to knock the driving. Im sure hell have some bad word to say about it but when you drive a missle powered mercedes tank every day its gonna take a lot to impress

P

peterh2

Had a lift in a SL55AMG (same as clarkson has I think). Awesome car, its simply amazing.

Is the 182 with stripes the gordini special edition? Im sure Ive seen it on a news article and the white stripes cost an extra £200.

Quote: Originally posted by clio_mad on 12 May 2004

Is the 182 with stripes the gordini special edition? Im sure Ive seen it on a news article and the white stripes cost an extra £200.
Nope the white strips are an option for the 182 just like cup suspension, spolier+ splitter but the strips are only availiable on the blue ones as far as I know

Quote: Originally posted by DoddCup on 10 May 2004

Going back to the 182 evo rated it as best hot hatch and they know wot there talking about so clarkson wont be able to knock the driving. Im sure hell have some bad word to say about it but when you drive a missle powered mercedes tank every day its gonna take a lot to impress
Remember that it is down to personal preference. I did not like the 182. But others rave about it.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

I read the article about the track test in Top Gear mag a while ago......they seem to love it , so i doubt itll get a sl*ggin at all....the only things they werent keen on were the stripes and the flaky (their words) interior.......

either way i still love mine !

:D