ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 only 24.4 mpg

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
allo people can you tell me why this is happening, ive tried different driving styles and the max im gettin is 24.4 mpg

so its killing me in petrolium lol :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I regularly see 24mpg in my 182 when mainly town driving . Average around 28mpg when i combine it with motorway driving . Also averaged this in my 172 .

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
man its done 17000 miles full sevice history with renualt surley they would pick it up ?

ive only had it two weeks maybe im driving it weird !!!

No more clio's for me!
28mpg! Feck!

I was gutted if i got less than 33 in the trophy, and that was driving to work! Saw 40 on the motorway easily!!

I don't drive like a grandad either!!

Edit: I get 32 out of the 200SX on my daily commute!

R35 GTR
check the spark plugs? fuel line may have a leak?

check how many litres are in tank at night then in the morning.

if you dont know how to do this, hold down button on end of right stalk while turning key to on position. then scroll through till you see the number of litres.

may just be dodgy sensor not reporting it correctly.

A red missile
28mpg! Feck!

I was gutted if i got less than 33 in the trophy, and that was driving to work! Saw 40 on the motorway easily!!

I don't drive like a grandad either!!

Edit: I get 32 out of the 200SX on my daily commute!

33 in the Trophy? - you MUST have driven like an old woman, I get around 26-28 tops.

R35 GTR
huh how do i do that ?
and how does that work
you know the button to scroll through display on dash? Hold it down while turnig the key. things will start beeping, then you can scroll through and see the fuel level in litres. If it goes down overnight, good chance you have a leak.

Shhh
how about tomorrow, get in it. reset the mileage in the computer, and drive it as normal.

End of the day,come back and tell us what its on.

I bet you have not reset the MPG thing, as it works out fuel over mileage, not actuall MPG.

NEED V6!
allo people can you tell me why this is happening, ive tried different driving styles and the max im gettin is 24.4 mpg

so its killing me in petrolium lol :)

Mate mine 182 did this just before all the oil from the engine disappeared could'nt get anywhere above 26mpg then 'bang wallop who's ya daddy' the engine is gone. I remember sitting at the light's and i'd had the light on computer telling me how many miles i'd have left started saying 128miles by the time i'd pulled off from the light's computer showed 112.
So when I arrived home I checked the oil out and there was a drop left in the engine no leak's no drip's from under the car, so filled 2.5 litre of oil into engine and took to renault next day but half way to the garage the oil light came on and a knocking noise was comng from the engine, I thought OH S**t engine gone. I get it to the garage, engineer came out had a look and said " mate you've got no oil in the engine, it's knacked you need a new one". I was never told why the oil had just dissapeared even after asking around 4-5 times, they said you should alway's check your oil, what a laugh.

Any how had car back for 2 month's with new engine then was stolen of my drive.:eek:

I just had to tell you lot what a crap 3 month's I'd had at start of this year, sorry such long read.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
the old dears 182 is juicy on fuel to say the least... trying to drive like a fairy can get it a little better but if thats the case what the point owning or driving the car, get a 1.0 or oil burner...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
All i can say is if people are averaging 35ish mpg they are driving like old farts or lots of motorway driving .

If i set my cruise control on the motorway to 80mph and reset the comp i see around 36mpg .

Like i said before ,both my 172 and 182 only ever averaged 28mpg combined . I must have a heavy right foot lol , as the contis from new on my 172 only lasted 7.5k and the exaltos from new only lasted 8k on the front :eek:

Do you drive with the climate control on ? Just a thought as this wouldn't help.
I get around 27 mpg with it on and around 30ish with it off.

cheers stu

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
na but ive never reset the mpg thingy:eek:
on my last car it just did it itself

sorry will post later see if its sorted it :boring:

Goliath I
When I picked my car up from the dealer it had just under 2000 miles on it and was on about 20 mpg, turns out the car was a demo car for Renaultsport. I reset the computer and after a couple of days it slowly started making its way up and it now on about 34mpg.

perhaps the person before u had an extremely heavy foot?

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
kully lol theres nothing wrong with driving everywhere at 10000 mph

i go that fast past your house so you cant see me lol :rasp:

Ultra Red Megane 175
Doing lots of motorway miles I regularly see 40mpg, but then on weekends that usually drops to around 30mpg when driving a 'bit' quicker.

a thirsty one
i do mostly short journeys and get between 26 and 30 mpg but if i do a long trip (car show etc) i have seen 36mpg once.

sounds like your just driving it a little hard mate i wouldnt worry too much i bet in a few weeks when the novelty of a new car wears off the mpg figure will start to rise, i know mine did.

When i had my 182 it didnt really get that low about 28mpg ish now the 197 is that low about 24mpg i dont get much above that have you tryed to reset the trip computer that might help

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Have you tried driving steadily at 70mph and then reseting the trip computer. it takes a few seconds for it to start reading but then should average out after 5 mins.

What do you get if you try this

clio 172 cup
when the car is warm i usually change at 4-5k revs and it stays at 34-35mpg raced a scooby and it went to 21mpg!