ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 owners - headlights

Do any of you guys (and girls) get flashed by other oncoming motorists at night? I suffer from this almost everytime I drive in the dark - must be the superior lights we have. :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by 172 Exclusive on 12 November 2004
Or youve got your "Foglights" ON!!!!If that is the case then you deserve to be blinded in return.. ;)

I dont know what you mean :devilish:

Yaris Hybrid

I have been flashed once or twice but I am far more worried about the auto lights as sooner or later they are going to get me a kicking!

I pulled up behind a golf cabriolet the other day on a roundabout underneath a motorway and just as the girl driving looked in her mirror the bleeding lights came on (this was mid day and it was bright and sunny). Then on the next bit of dual carriageway they turn off just as I pulled out to over take her. Made me look like a right n0b.

LOL, i have the same problem with mine,first time i started to slow thinking there was a police speed trap ahead !!, i also then thought my self leveling system was knackered, looks like thet are just to bright

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 13 November 2004

I have been flashed once or twice but I am far more worried about the auto lights as sooner or later they are going to get me a kicking!

I pulled up behind a golf cabriolet the other day on a roundabout underneath a motorway and just as the girl driving looked in her mirror the bleeding lights came on (this was mid day and it was bright and sunny). Then on the next bit of dual carriageway they turn off just as I pulled out to over take her. Made me look like a right n0b.

Happened to me a few times, I have to drive through a forest every day.

Lights going on and off, just cant be bothered to switch it off. lol

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

The only problem I have is that you cant turn the auto function off whilst the engine is running. Or at least havent been able to when I tried.

What if you need to switch the lights off at some point when you are stopped?

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 13 November 2004
I have been flashed once or twice but I am far more worried about the auto lights as sooner or later they are going to get me a kicking!I pulled up behind a golf cabriolet the other day on a roundabout underneath a motorway and just as the girl driving looked in her mirror the bleeding lights came on (this was mid day and it was bright and sunny). Then on the next bit of dual carriageway they turn off just as I pulled out to over take her. Made me look like a right n0b.

That happens to me on the M1/M62 west junction - I feel a right tit lol.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Quote: Originally posted by The Bear on 13 November 2004

The only problem I have is that you cant turn the auto function off whilst the engine is running. Or at least havent been able to when I tried.

What if you need to switch the lights off at some point when you are stopped?
I normally just put them on sidelights. dont think theres much else you can do without switching off.