ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ownership in words and pics

Re: My 182, six months of ownership in words and pics

Thats a nice looking car. I lol at 35k just run in!... 1k is just run in! ;)

Thanks for all the comments fella, 35k is just run in ;) they peak at 75-80k I would like too think! Its just the renault plastic bits that let the side down, but come 90k they will be all out anyway when she becomes SORN and becomes an all out track toy. Its with me till the day it dies!

It gets a hard drive day to day, but a bit of TLC can go a long way on these cars, doesn't cost the earth either. Its an absolute corker of a motor and I wouldn't swap it/sell it for the world at the moment.

Its hard/sharp enough to drive like loon when the mood takes you, but soft enough to give your granny a lift in (if you can lift her out of the seats lol) and for that reason it is ideal for me.

Stunning 182 mate, great example of some good styling and mods!!! Got to ask tho, where did you get your seats? I'm in same boat,trying to get new seats but want a good price.

Seats are ours matey, fit straight onto the Renault sliders so they are adjustable :) take a look

Clio GT 120 EDC

Great read that and lovely looking car

Clio 172 RS2

Great story you wrote...

Always a pleasure to read about someone else's treasured car.

And yes the Clio RS is meant to driven hard. Some TLC is all it needs.
The know their stuff at Dieppe.

Looks pukka' with them Turini's.

** Quick Images update **

Took the car on its first real hard drive of the summer this weekend - Up at 3.00 am for a 5.00am start of the highly anticipated 70 mile Guildford too Brighton run and it did not disappoint! The 182 did not put a foot wrong all day, seemingly limitless mechanical grip at times, with enough left over for when my skill tank ran dry!

Guildfordrun_2.jpg

Guildfordrun_7.jpg

With the JMS 172

Guildfordrun_14.jpg

Guildfordrun_12.jpg

Oh and based on another members awesome comedy (not sure who:eek:) a 'friend' sent me this (he shall remain nameless!) Not sure whether to be offended or not tbh, but either way it made me chuckle!

JMS.gif

Last edited:

*update - first track outing!*

Finally yesterday I got the 182 out on the track, and to say I enjoyed it would be an understatement! The RenaultSport Day was held at Brands Hatch, turning out to be cool and largely dry apart from a damp period around lunchtime. The day was exceptionally well organised and was a real credit to Renualt & Motorsportvision.

brandshatch.jpg

brandshatch_3.jpg

brandshatch_4.jpg

An hour of instruction in the morning got me on my feet and I went on too progressively speed up the lap times as the day went past.

brandshatch_1.jpg

brandshatch_2.jpg

brandshatch_5.jpg

My stable mate for the day, bunch of really nice fellas (although one of the drivers - who turned out to be a MSV instructor was not in everyone's good books for his driving style).

brandshatch_6.jpg

And a cheeky vid, press the HQ button for better image quality :)

[youtube]iflZ-gPzBzU[/youtube]

I'd like to think it was a good session considered it was my first time on track.

I also got a ride out in this puppy:

brandshatchcup.jpg

So thanks to Jonathan for that (mans a fantastic driver too!)

Damage report: Over pressuried P-neros have pretty much melted and are pretty horrible to drive on at the moment, but they are at the end of their usable life anyhow. Brakes have suffered a bit of boilage so will require a fluid replacement. My rear beam is creaking badly, will need to have the ASTs off & give it all a check over/grease up. lastly a rear bearing is on its way out judging by the rumbling from the rear, will need to investigate further.

So all in all a great day out, next stop Snetterton on the 11th June :)

320d

Brilliant read that mate. Cracking car too. Love it.

Audi TT 3.2

really good write-up that is! ive meet jonathan, hes a top bloke!

Nice one! I'll be embarking on my first track outing soon, so that was nice to watch :)

Just take your time fella and definitely get some instruction if you can, makes a world of difference especially on a very technical track such as brands! When I first got to Brands in the morning and saw paddock hill I was pretty apprehensive but the first time out on the track with an instructor at my side set me off on the right direction and I really enjoyed the rest of the day/feel like I learnt a huge amount!

Having done a lot of karting & kart based tuition in the past aspects such lines through corners and what-not come to me easily but driving a Front wheel drive car fast round a track is a whole different ball game so it was a steep learning curve!

The instructor guided me round the track a couple of times and then moved onto some really nice little techniques covering pre-corner car balance, using the brakes to aid turn-in and some other bits and pieces like gaining grip mid bend when understeer is developing, techniques I never knew even existed!

The feeling of driving the car with the space and challenge of the track, practising the new techniques and just feeling the car come to life has made road driving feel really mundane, it just felt so pure! I think it's probably safe to say I am addicted! The day also confirmed to me that the car as it stands now is far more capable than I probably ever will be, the setup is so forgiving in every aspect that I really would have to do something silly to end up facing the wrong way or worse!

you better get some insurance then :quiet:

As said I had a few high speed excursions. the worst being when it swapped ends on me approaching a hairpin @100mph ish. I actually ended up on the pitlane access road from the carpark.

IMAGE_308.jpg

The lines on the grass are from being sideways! The head instructor was just coming up the access road as I came to a stop. He was amazed id got that far and that id not hit anything.

;)

200 Gordini

Nice motor with great 'mods'... looking forward to some more updates

*Proper image update*

Received the images of the Brands Day from Renault today, great work by them, the days they organise really are a credit to them and the little touches like the CD are spot on!

_ZZZ2213.jpg

_ZZZ2227.jpg

_ZZZ2576.jpg

_ZZZ3256.jpg

_ZZZ3336.jpg

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Nice car man, I spoke to you I think at th Nando's meet in Gunwarf th other week about seats and JMS Tunings bits n pieces. Sound chap too!

Nice car man, I spoke to you I think at th Nando's meet in Gunwarf th other week about seats and JMS Tunings bits n pieces. Sound chap too!

Yup that was me, heading down there again early next month hopefully - there is another meet planned IIRC.

Cheers for the comments fellas.