ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 p/x shocker....

My wife has decided to change her car, much to my disappointment as I loved the 182. I can't believe how little it is now worth for a 2 year old 54reg UK car with under 25k and in A1 condition... It is black with both option packs.

Its at a none Ren dealer (Mini), but does anyone else think £6300 is an insult? or is it par for the course. They reckon they'll 'struggle' to get this in the trade for it, they're underbooking because of new model etc etc

Hmmphhhh, is it worth selling privately? or is that all its worth?

Rant over - was a great car, will be missed

J

BMW M3
Yeah.. def too low. Thats the same age as mine and mine has more miles. Would say about £8,600.

Would not PX for anything less then 8k

My thoughts too - would be OK if we were getting a whopping discount on the new one. £3.5k+ per year is quite a bit of depreciation to swallow on a clio

182BG
that really is a piss take mate, i have a glass's guide here ill have a look what it says for you

though i will give you 6.5k for it ;)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
£6300 ! wtf ... u can get a 172 for that nevermind a 182. tell him to get tae.

I'd be interested to know the Glass's price. As I may take it to the BCA auction centre to sell with a reserve. Ebay is too much hassle and I don't fancy Autotrader.

I quite want to keep it!!

Yes - it is a goodun, virtually unmarked, barring a few lady parking scratches on 2 wheels.

182BG
hmmm well this is weird, it actually doesn't have the 182 in here. stupid guide!
But it says 6.5k for a 53plate 172 with 36k on the clock, so i think they are taking the piss.

To be honest a car that new, i wouldn't even consider trading it in, you will lose so much no matter what. sell it private matey

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
fook i got rid of my 53 plate 172 with 19k for £6100 .so they are takin the piss a little

went to a place today (thursday) didn't have the car i was after which they'd falsely advertised on the internet (different story) anyway after the valuation .....?

53 plate cup 18.5 k miles with private plate and few mods ....5grand . pmsl or cry ?:nono:

ITB BG 182
My wife has decided to change her car, much to my disappointment as I loved the 182. I can't believe how little it is now worth for a 2 year old 54reg UK car with under 25k and in A1 condition... It is black with both option packs.

Its at a none Ren dealer (Mini), but does anyone else think £6300 is an insult? or is it par for the course. They reckon they'll 'struggle' to get this in the trade for it, they're underbooking because of new model etc etc

J

Sell it privatly my friend after myself and my sister was traind up in the automotive sales trade even though she turnd out to be the 3rd sales person in the uk, we was both told to try and make between 25 and 30% on any part exchanges, so £9000 of car would be about right for them to offer you £6300, even though it is more hassel i would advise you that you sell it privatly even though it might take longer to sell it but for 2 months of waiting i would say the difference of 3k it would be worth it.

I'll give you £7000 for it today, am looking to buy one asap. Have cash waiting (was due to pick one up yesterday, 31k both cup packs for £6700 but someone crashed into it!!!!), you will be in a much stronger bargaining position with cash too which means you will get more money off the Mini. Plus with christmas coming you may struggle selling it privately.

Last edited:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i payed 8700 for 2004 with 18000 miles ff with cup packs, there skanking u,, just ask them for more and print off autotrader prices and always go to dealer and end of month coz they need to sell to make up figures(apparantly-autoexpress)

You can go onto any car forums and they are all littered with people constantly being shocked at what the trade values their cars at, if you want an accurate trade price, pay £3 on the Glass' website and you will get the same valuation that the trade uses. Plus, a MINI dealer will be even tighter with a p/x price because he can be, the MINI is an 'in fashion' car and so he doesn't have to be geneorus to sell them.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i would wait for a bit till hype is over as new mini has come out, wait till you see it on motonatioon and u will save a bit

LY 200
Like everything mate, a reseller will never give you near what they expect it to be worth as there would be no point!!!

6-7.5k is what the 51/52/53 plate 172's are going for so it is an insult to your intelligence really. I dont know why people unless they have a fucked car or in serious financial problems would let a 182 go for the same price really and people supposedly are!!! :S

You only need to look on the trader to see what there worth and before some cockrider says "i bet they dont get the money they ask though" my answer in advance is how the funk do you know!?

If its a good low milaged full specced example then with time given it will.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Glass's Guide Price on a Part Exchange would be-

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition: £8020
Average condition: £7270
Below average condition: £6400

That is to low, as said that is a 9k car.

A friend of mine traded his 05 Plate with cup packs and Recaro's to a non Renault dealer for £10.5k and he only bought a £14k Megane 225.

Try to get more or go to another dealer.

J

they offered me £4k for a 05 plate megane, (new shape) tell them to f**k off,

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
if you go onto the vauxhall website you can get your car valued for free.
http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/home.do
if you go onto the owners section and its called "value your car". They'll give you a free glass's valuation but only trade amount but retail will be roughly £1000 more. Hope this helps!

Dyson
The Trade is a funny thing. We've got to make a profit but that seems to be taking the piss a little.

I paid 8000 for my 05 plate 182FF in june this year in the trade. it was about 800 behind book.

Harry,
That is what everyone is saying at all main dealers - behind book etc etc.
We were offered 7500 by VW (against a Golf Gti), but Mini dealers know they have the product that will sell regardless.

As I said, its the other halves car, I'd quite happily keep it. We're up to £6800 at a different Mini dealer now, we'll see how it goes.

BTW to those kindly offering to buy it - I should have said prices quoted vs Mini are 'future' prices, as we are looking at a 3-4 month lead time on an S. And as such, we'll need it till March 07

Cheers