ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 purchase

Clio 200 FF
Hey all - had a pn2 172 about 4 years ago and thought it was great until things started to go wrong.
Have been running allsorts since (scoobs, BMWs, VAGs, etc) and i'm currently running a mk5 Golf 2.0GT fsi which is ok but not a hotch hatch.
I've been looking at 182s on the web and prices differ so much for the same year. mileage (£7200 - £8995 for a 54 plate with 25k) but i think i've found a good buy with a 55 plate at £7500 with 25k?
The dealer still isn't open due to xmas so it'll be the weekend before i can get to see the car and then it depends on the deal (my car books at £8000 - £8500 so i want cashback).
What is the difference between a standard 182 and a cup 182?
The car i've seen looks to have a front splitter and has silver wheels but is listed as a 182 (no mention of cup)

Is there anything i should look for when i view the car apart from accident damage and fsh?

It's mentioned the car had a service at 18k so when is the next 1 due? is it once a year or every18k?

cheers

Ad

MK2 FRS
how come your golf books so low for GTFSi? high mileage?

55plate 182 sounds a bargain, so dont expect the best Px price in the world.

Clio 200 FF
Hi Ad
the Golf has 45k, fvwsh, £3k of factory extras (winter pack, sunroof, upgraded alloys, etc) but 2 dealers i phoned said it booked at £8 - £8,5k?
it's not the GTi (turbo) it's the GT FSi (150bhp)

If i could get tax thrown in and a full service on the Clio then i'd accept £8200 - £8500 for the Golf

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hey all - had a pn2 172 about 4 years ago and thought it was great until things started to go wrong.
Have been running allsorts since (scoobs, BMWs, VAGs, etc) and i'm currently running a mk5 Golf 2.0GT fsi which is ok but not a hotch hatch.
I've been looking at 182s on the web and prices differ so much for the same year. mileage (£7200 - £8995 for a 54 plate with 25k) but i think i've found a good buy with a 55 plate at £7500 with 25k?
The dealer still isn't open due to xmas so it'll be the weekend before i can get to see the car and then it depends on the deal (my car books at £8000 - £8500 so i want cashback).
What is the difference between a standard 182 and a cup 182?
The car i've seen looks to have a front splitter and has silver wheels but is listed as a 182 (no mention of cup)

Is there anything i should look for when i view the car apart from accident damage and fsh?

It's mentioned the car had a service at 18k so when is the next 1 due? is it once a year or every18k?

cheers

Some details of differences here i made in another post :)

services every 12k on Renaultsport clios

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=279762

Ad

MK2 FRS
Hi Ad
the Golf has 45k, fvwsh, £3k of factory extras (winter pack, sunroof, upgraded alloys, etc) but 2 dealers i phoned said it booked at £8 - £8,5k?
it's not the GTi (turbo) it's the GT FSi (150bhp)

If i could get tax thrown in and a full service on the Clio then i'd accept £8200 - £8500 for the Golf

Hi mate,
just seems like a lot of car for the money, but then when ive look its always been the diesel GT.

Ad

MK2 FRS
having at browse around they seem to forcourt at mid 9s so is about right, might worth selling private if prepared to!

Clio 200 FF
yep lot of car and quite cheap to run (av 34mpg around town), cheap to insure. Most dealers want the diesels which is why the FSi books low but with 150bhp and 0-60 in 8.5 this is a good luke warm hatch with reliability and build quality
i had my last 52 plate 172 for a year but can't remember what it was like to drive (rattles,etc) so hope i'm not going to be too dissapointed?
When i sold the 172 the exhaust had snapped, a couple of warning lights had come on (can't remember which ones now), and the remote key kept playing up

RB + LY 182 FF
lol thats renault for you....If you enjoyed driving the 172 then you wont be dissapointed with the 182.
rattles aside the fun of driving the 182 will make up for it.
what colour 182 are you looking at?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Silver wheels means it doesn't have the Cup packs, and is a full fat with climate/cruise/half leather etc I do beleive.

Dan

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The anthracite is for the cup packs only i believe and the cups.Wernt the silver ones imports.????

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
No I think the silver were just 182 FFs without Cup Packs. You just never see them because most got the Cup pack hehe :)

Dan