ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Rear Brake Spacer

Clio 182 Trophy
Hi all

I've come to swapping out some rear discs and pads, and can't get the new disc to seat enough to bolt the carrier back on.
The pads are hard up against the OUTSIDE of the disc with space between the inside pad and piston (wound all the way back).
The issue seems to be a split washer/spacer thing that is sat on the stun axle. If I don't put that in, everything seats fine. With it in, I'm too far out.
What is this piece? Should it have the split in it? And why don't my discs seat properly?
Thanks all!
20200920_164426.jpg
20200920_164422.jpg
20200920_164415.jpg

Clio 182 Trophy
I sometimes worry about the previous maintenance on this car!!
Ok, I've ordered a pair of those. Many thanks for the pointers!

Just to confirm, without the spacer my hub looks like the attached. That all good? Looks to be a machined flat surface at the base of the stub axle.

Thanks again guys!

Attachments

• 1600617706062226213264342815564.jpg
    1600617706062226213264342815564.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 96

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Bit hard to see with the grease but I think it should be slightly rounded at the base.

The shims should only fit one way, won't fit the other way, self explanatory really.

This is what mine look like, can kind of see how it's slightly rounded at the base.
20200326_175822.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The reason you couldn't get your caliper carrier back on with the pads in is because the caliper slides in and out, or at least it should do.

If you pull the caliper in and out it should move.

Clio 182 Trophy
Sorry - what do you mean "pull the caliper in and out"?
Do you mean the piston? If so, that isn't the issue as the pads are hard up against the outside of the disc, not the pads against the piston.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Looking face on at the disc, if you were to push/pull the caliper is should slide.

Once you've got the right spacers on there it should all fit really easily.