ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Rear Wiper not clearing top of screen & Washer Jet

Hi Folks,

Tiny issue, but tiny enough that it is annoying.

I've replaced my rear wiper for a Bosch item from AutoDoc that it said was compatible with my car.

However, the top of the rear window isn't getting any contact. I can't see an obvious or sensible way to sort this as it is where the glass has the curve.

Is this a 'quirk' and thus unfixable?

Also, the rear screen washer jet seems a bit useless. Regardless where i aim it, it just sort of dribbles vertically down the screen. Any suggestions?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
The wiper arm be a cheap aftermarket part!

Change the arm to original and it will sweep the top of the screen - trust me.

Reactions: MLB
Thanks for the speedy reply.

By wiper arm, are you on about the metal arm on the boot lid, or the wiper blade in its plastic clip on attachment itself.

if you could link me to an original I would be very grateful !! :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mines the original wiper arm and mine never clears the rear screen in a full arc.
I've seen other posts over the years with the same problem , if you can call it a problem.

RB 182 FF
Mine does the same, original arm but a new Valeo wiper blade fitted and it leaves a bit up the top... Slightly annoying but as you say it's a curved window...

RB 182 FF
As for dribbling. They all do it , they don't spray like the front washer jets.

I actually managed to get around this, I was having trouble with front and rear squirters so I took the rubber bung out altogether that slides front and back to divert the water... Now when I use the rear or the front they both spray... :ROFLMAO: But on the plus side they are all super powerful jets..... (y)👌

tucker220

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy
The wipers do seem pretty sensitive to the curve of the screen. If your wiper used to cover the full area just use the new rubber in the old plastic arm.