ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Recaro option

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

First off best say hello as this is my first post.

Ive been to my Renualt dealer today and am confirming the order for my clio 182 tommorow.

The dealer is aware of the Recaro option but has yet to see it and could give me no more than a price. Can anyone help with pics or description?

Other detail is which Blue to go for, what do you lot prefer, Artic or Racing?

Cheers, Paul.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

Doh should have looked properly just saw the other post about the seats :oops:

Any pics of the two blues mentioned above? Could only see the samples in Renault.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Given the choice of Arctic and Racing, I prefer Arctic. Esp considering you have to pay extra for Racing. Saw a couple of 182s in Arctic in my Bristol Street dealer today, lovely.

Quote: Originally posted by acrebo on 24 January 2005

Given the choice of Arctic and Racing, I prefer Arctic. Esp considering you have to pay extra for Racing. Saw a couple of 182s in Arctic in my Bristol Street dealer today, lovely.
wrong way round, you pay extra for artic (£300 ish), and racing blue is no extra

what are u guys thinking? will this recaro seats option be available only in the uk? im asking that because im from the mainland and i was wondering if i should wait a little more so that i could order this option on my 182...

After now seeing Liqiud Yellow I wish I paid the extra now for this. I think Racing Blue is the best colour to stand out as standard but yellow looks great.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

Ah well, all done now, Artic blue with Recaros to arrive on the 05 plate.

Think a fairly subtle colour will be fine for my daily driver. ;)

tiTTy & SV650

I like arctic, but then again I bought one. Not too keen on the racing blue personally.

I wouldnt say that Arctic Blue 182s are common, but the guy at my local renault garage always assumes its a 172 cup!

182s arent exactly common cars now are they... (unlike minis!) Inferno is a lovely colour but Im not an in your face kinda guy lol

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

Arghh fookin Renault dealer put the order in but have now been contacted to say the Recaro option is a mistake and should not be avalible :mad:

Quote: Originally posted by Paul J on 27 January 2005

Arghh fookin Renault dealer put the order in but have now been contacted to say the Recaro option is a mistake and should not be avalible :mad:
They will be able to order them in February

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Those Recaros look lovely IMHO Its the only option I wished Id gone for in the Cupra...

I love the Inferno colour if Im honest... I cant explain why, as all my cars are black... But Ive loved the inferno since I first saw it...

Its not too in your face IMHO

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

Yeah, he said it is due soon, the order is staying for recaros for the next two weeks if at which point they arent ready the normal seats will be used.

Told not to be hopeful as for another model they have been waiting since september for due alterations.

Racing blue over artic everytime, but I think if I went for a new one now it would either be Flying Banana or Java Orange.

Quote: Originally posted by Hippychick on 27 January 2005

Those Recaros look lovely IMHO Its the only option I wished Id gone for in the Cupra...

I love the Inferno colour if Im honest... I cant explain why, as all my cars are black... But Ive loved the inferno since I first saw it...

Its not too in your face IMHO
Did you like them hippy? I didnt think they were that different to standard to warrant the extra. Plus it made the back seats become usable for only 2 people. Looked cool, but the standard ones arent bad, a lot better than my old Cups thats for sure.

So, has the dealer just made a big mistake to say that Recaros are available not at this time or is it not available ever???

Quote: Originally posted by chowy on 27 January 2005

So, has the dealer just made a big mistake to say that Recaros are available not at this time or is it not available ever???
They will be available to order but not until next month

Embarrassed to say

Well my dealer told me that they are available however they cant spec them to my car because i rejected my last car and the newly ordered car has to be the same so as to not cast doubt on my reasons for rejection. Which is absolute b****cks as i rejected the car because there was no clear coat on the bonnet, it was full of swirl marks and there was 50 miles on it.

Just read the other Recaro threads.

If this option only comes with the cup rear bench which I assume will be black, does this mean that there are only 2 rear seatbelts instead of 3?

Ford Fiesta

You can order the recaros soon, if you want them you can get them for your 05 plate

Quote: Originally posted by chowy on 27 January 2005

Just read the other Recaro threads.

If this option only comes with the cup rear bench which I assume will be black, does this mean that there are only 2 rear seatbelts instead of 3?
Yes