ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rev limiter

s4m

clio 182
i can any help me ive been trying to turn my rev limiter of but carnt this is wot ive done is this right??

If you press the botton on the end of the stalk. Ignition on. Engine on. Engine off. Stalk button. Engine on. Stalk button. Stalk button. Engine off.

Then turn it back on again and it should beep and your dash will display "REV1".

thanks sam..

Arctic Just A 182
That is correct, I tried it this morning and got to work in 6 mins when it would usually take 15.

rps13
did you press the little button on the bottom of your left wing mirror first?

try that dude.

s4m

clio 182
i ive tryed it again and its still not working could any 1 tell me wot iam doing wrong
thanks sam..

Your trying to remove the rev limiter that RS in all their glory put there for a very good reason.

That's probably a good place to start.

Last edited:
  Barge
Bless him, I'm going to spoil the fun. I feel sorry for the guy. You can't turn the rev limiter/shift light off. It's there for a reason. Your engine will be unresponsive when it's cold - as with all Renault Sports. A good 10/15 minutes of running and it should be warm. Do not flog it from cold, you'll cause damage.

If after 15 minutes it's still limiting low then there's likely to be a problem, so get it checked out.

Rusty Cup
Fair play to him, im confused tho who's playin who here?? why would he wanna remove the limiter?

i know who i am! i'm the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude!!

Arctic Just A 182
Seriously though, I just nipped into the shop for a minute on the way to work and when I started the car up after the "OIL OK" light stayed on for longer than usual. Does this mean the oil is at the right temp and the rev limiter is off.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
No it means your oil doesnt need topping up. lol

The rev limiter is a cold limter eg the car wont give its higher limiter until its upto temp.

Arctic Just A 182
Yeah that's what I mean. I'd been driving for about 20 mins before going into the shop so I thought the "OIL OK" was suggesting it was at a desirable temp.