ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - Rumble/Knock from Front

Clio 182 (2006)
Evening all, just noticed a little rumbling/knocking from front left of my 182. Pretty sure I didn't hear it when I was driving it earlier today, but I had the radio on fairly loud, so may have been there.

Googling and searching has proven unsuccessful so far, and I'm not texting my mechanic mate as he's an early-bedder!

Basically the car feels fine, drives and brakes in a straight line etc, but there's a definite new 'noise'.

- I think it's front left, could be closer to the centre though as I'm obviously sitting in the driving seat.
- it's not noticeable until about 25mph
- from around 25-40, there's a dull "thudding" noise which is just audible over the usual tyre/wind noise
- it seems to increase in frequency from around 3 to 5 thuds per second, then it's drowned out by the tyre/wind noise, or it disappears.
- I can feel it, ever so slightly, through the steering wheel

Any thoughts on the cause?

Cheers,
Simoid

Last edited: