ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 runs way smoother and easier cold starts after changing the cambelt and déphaser pulley

Clio 182 FF
Hi,
I just changed the cambelt auxbelt kit and dephaser pulley on the clio and noticed it now runs way smoother and starts way better when cold. I run 100% e85 and sometimes before it would be somewhat difficult to start but kind of randomly sometimes it would start perfect in 10°C weather and sometimes it would struggle to go after sitting under the hot summer sun.
And it would always run quite rough at idle sounding a bit like a bridgeported rx8. No misfire tho

And now that everything is changed idle is so smooth and coldstarts are easy even when cold.

My mechanic tells me the timing was pretty much spot on although the rest of the auxillary pulleys and tensioners were absolutely knackered there shouldnt be any reason for it to run so much better now would it?
Might just the dephaser pulley be the culprit before (it never sounded like a diesel when hot)

I guess I just wondered if any of you experienced something similar or if you found might have ben the initial problem.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• image0000001.jpeg
    image0000001.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 10
  • image0000001.jpeg
    image0000001.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 11
  • image0000001.jpeg
    image0000001.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 10