ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 service light!!!!!

I have had my 182 for 7 days and already the service light has come on the dash. As well as the service light, the esp and abs lights also have come on!!!

Has anyone else had a problem?

It has already been back to the garage once to have the front spoiler fitted as it was loose.

Hope this is the last of the problems. Not a good start though as I have only covered 500 miles.

Paul

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I had this on mine.

Serv Light + ABS + Traction Control Light.

I turned off ignition, when I turned it back on, all was fine!

Andy at GDI did an ECU check and it was a "brake sensor circuit".

All seems fine now tho :confused:

All three lights have come on together, not independently. If I turn of the ignition and restart the engine all of the light go off as normal. This happened twice over the weekend. It has been okay since yesterday afternoon.

Paul

Exact same thing happened to mine, one week old it was. It seemed to conincide with the passenger seat being moved forwards to let someone in the back. It stayed on for the remainder of journey. eventually switched ingnition off, lights have not come on since. its been in to reno and they checked it out, but no faults found.

Keevster

take it back 2 renault m8, its a faulty connection to the ecu! This happened 2 me within 30 minutes of picking up the car! renault told me if i had an accident they would be liable! basically when the light turns on your abs and ebd switch off! get it sorted asap!

this seems 2 be a common problem noe accross the clio range!

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

things like this make me glad i dont have ABS and EBD, just two more things to go wrong, lol

interesting that they said theyd be liable if u had an accident. No doubt if u actually did have an accident, theyd have said the warning lights had been on for a while and you continued to drive it, or something along those lines...

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

This happened to my 182 after 2 days of ownership....think it was due to some extensive testing on my behalf (went round a private roundabout in the dry quite quick) Almost positive that this triggered it. Re-started the car and they went out....covered almost 4000 miles since and they havent come back on.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Had the same with my 172 when it was a couple of weeks old. Stoped doing it for about a year and has now started doing it regularly again now.

Will be getting it checked at service next month.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Yeah i remember you saying mate, i was a bit concerned at the time and posted on here to find out some answers just like scooby has.

People asking the same questions doesnt bother me (sure ive done it lol) but im sure this site would benefit from a FAQ section as many dont really use the search function.

Embarrassed to say

My mates 182 cup has the service light coming on at the moment, has there been in developments in finding out whats causing it?

insignia

Mine did the same when it was new.but I just said to my clio- I understand you are french its not your fault.Turn ignition off,then restart and everything should be ok.Im that used to them coming on every now and again miss them when they dont.