ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 servo removal advise needed

Clio 182 ff
my 182 brake pedal keeps going really hard then goes back to normal after 5 mins i have replaced the servo vacuum hose with no change, how easy is it to remove the servo ? any advise welcome

Can be taken out inside or out. I cant remember whats involved taking it outside but think the mc has to be disconnected so need to re bled. I recenetly did it inside, I undo the mc from the servo which is 4 13mm nuts, then take off the throttle pedal and disconnect out of the way, the pedal box is 5 (I think) 10mm, then you can pull the whole thing out and out of the car, disconnecting the clutch cable with pliars.

Best to have some 13mm ratchet spanners and different extensions for easier access. I use my gun on the pedal box nuts with extensions, takes no time at all. Can get access to the mc by taking the arch liner out, I just used the extensions for that one but either way. Did I mention ratchet spanners? ?

Clio 182 ff
Can be taken out inside or out. I cant remember whats involved taking it outside but think the mc has to be disconnected so need to re bled. I recenetly did it inside, I undo the mc from the servo which is 4 13mm nuts, then take off the throttle pedal and disconnect out of the way, the pedal box is 5 (I think) 10mm, then you can pull the whole thing out and out of the car, disconnecting the clutch cable with pliars.

Best to have some 13mm ratchet spanners and different extensions for easier access. I use my gun on the pedal box nuts with extensions, takes no time at all. Can get access to the mc by taking the arch liner out, I just used the extensions for that one but either way. Did I mention ratchet spanners? ?
brilliant thanks, does not sound to bad, ill be doing it with my mech friend so he has all the extra tools ;D