ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 slow conversion to race car

You could speak to ceika to see if they would offer you just a smaller bracket? It says they do 286mm for 6 pots, discs Im sure you could find some used ones for cheap that are more than up for the job
That's a good thought, I'll have a good measure up at the weekend and e-mail Ceika.
They are a bit odd in that they sell all this performance stuff but were reluctant to sell me race compound pads! I guess they've have loads of 'road racers' buy race pads and then complain that the discs don't last.

@banhama dont suppose youd be interested in x2 ao48 to try out? I was going to be getting a set of wheels but decided to just replace the tyres for now. They are a little old but have a ton of grip, theyd need to pushed hard to lose traction. I could do them for £60 quid

@banhama dont suppose youd be interested in x2 ao48 to try out? I was going to be getting a set of wheels but decided to just replace the tyres for now. They are a little old but have a ton of grip, theyd need to pushed hard to lose traction. I could do them for £60 quid

Hi Zach, sorry for the delay in replying. I'm a bit overstocked for tyres now, and am running out of space, but many thanks for the offer.
I bought 4 new federal 595 RS-R Pro in 205 45 16, they are for next year and were at a good price.
I also have 3-part worn 595 RS-R old pattern to kill off, and the AD08's refuse to die. They proved to be even more useless in the wet than the dry, no front grip at all, the only thing they were good for was taking a short cut through a lake on the track thanks to the massive tread!

PAS delete is my next expense, and I won't be doing much with the car until that's sorted, but if you still have the tyres next spring I'll be needing some then!

Many thanks, Andy

RB 182 FF
Have you had any experience on the 595 RS Pros yet? Considering them for myself (not racing) but would be interested to hear your views. Currently on RSRs but they don’t seem to be available anymore.

Tom

Hi Tom,

No I still have the 4 new 595 RSR Pros unused, covered and dry in the garage!
Only thing I've done in the Clio this year is a trackday at Lydden just before the lockdown, and I was trying to kill the Yokos that still refuse to die, despite about 5 coats of tyre softener!
Hopefully I'll get out on track in July with the Federals and will report back.