ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - spare tyre?

F56 MINI Cooper S
Does the 182 come with a spare tyre, or a foam can jobby?

If the tyre, is it a skinny spacesaver thing?

Cheers.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
No spare as the twin exhaust back boxes are located in area where the spare would be. It's a foam can jobby

Bit of a ball ache really

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
No

172 Cups and all 182's have tyre foam. No wheel well in a 182.

Renault Clio RS182
I actually tried the foam once and it didn't even work :S (maybe me been a r****d??? :eek: haha) I've removed the spare from every car that i've owned anyway, only a phone call away from been rescued and they must weigh a few kgs!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I actually tried the foam once and it didn't even work :S (maybe me been a r****d??? :eek: haha) I've removed the spare from every car that i've owned anyway, only a phone call away from been rescued and they must weigh a few kgs!

I heard if the car came with a spare, the RAC/AA might refuse to assist your if it's not with the car.

I wouldn't ever use the foam personally, no tyre fitter is going to clean the tyre up and repair it so using the foam is as good as ruining an otherwise potentially good tyre.

F56 MINI Cooper S
What does the foam actually do? presumbly pull out the nail in the tyre, then spray over the hole in the tyre even though its already flat?

Yeah agreed with the AA/RAC, I hit a pothole the other day and shredded my tyre, I rang them up and they said because I didn't have a spare I was not covered and he would put me through to the team to give me a quote to be recovered. After explaining more than once it didn't come with a spare as standard and doesn't even have a space for it they agreed to recover me.