ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 spins over but wont start?

Hi Guys, im abit stuck with this one, today, i got in the 182 (04) and went to start it and it just spins over quite fast for about 6-7 ties then stops when the key is still turned, it did this about 6 wks ago and after trying and trying it started and has been fine ever since until today! has anyone coe across this before? is it a known fault with them?

cheers

Clio 172 Ph1.
Its propably your tdc-sensor like said above.

You can find it just under your airfilter. It senses where the flywheel is, and need this signal to start the engine.

replaced the TDC sensor today but still the same, when i turn the ignition on it makes like rattling/shorting sound from behind the clocks, then when i try to start it, it spins over for about 4-5 times then stops even when im still turning the key? but if i turn the ignition on and wait for it to stop rattling/shorting (about 4 seconds) it doesnt even try to turn over? im totaly stuck with this one! would a diagnostic check show anything up as i have no lights up on the dash?

cheers