ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 will not start - video below

Clio 182 RS
Hi everyone!

So annoyingly I have owned this 182 for just over a month.

The car will bump start no issue but will not turn on with the key. I have attached a video below. There seems to be one click that seems to come from passanger side fuse box and then one that comes from the engine bay but it wont crank or turn over. I tested the battery and its at 12.8V so I think that is fine. I am just wondering if anyone knows what it could be? before I spend silly money on it

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2023-08-10 at 19.17.52.mp4
    976 KB

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Oh no, How much is it to get it fixed usually?
I’ve always fixed my own tbh. Renault take your old starter and supply you with a reconditioned one. It’s a bugger of a DIY job though. Have you checked to see if any wires have come off the starter? It could also be TDC sensor. Or a bad connection in the wire or a blown fuse on the battery. Difficult to say over the internet. Are you competent mechanically?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Change the relay in the fusebox thans clicking, check for corrosion on terminals. If that does not work then do some diagnostics on wiring check voltages with key in crank position obviously disconnected from starter before changing ths starter.