ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 starting and idle issue

Inferno 182 & Saxo
When the cars been sitting and has gone stone cold over night, I come to start it in the morning and it starts up but will idle so low it will cut out unless I give it a a touch of throttle. Once the throttle has been pressed it raises the idle to the normal speed and all is well.
Car doesnt seem to do this when I've parked it up at work for 8+ hours however which in that time it has gone cold but not stone cold I reckon.
I'm thinking of whipping the throttle body off and cleaning it as I've done that before and it seemed to help a bit. Not a major problem this one but still annoying none the less.
Any one else had the problem or got any advice?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
unbolted and cleaned the throttle body out last night and no problem this morning (touch wood)

clio sport 172
My car has just started to do similar to yours. It's a mk2 clio 172. Sometimes it won't start straight away and when it starts it cuts out and when stoping at junctions the revs go right down an it stalls but starts back up each time . Only problems happening stoping and starting but once on open road it's going ok

BG 182 FF
I've got the same problem the revs dip low when its cold and when i slow down for a junction and stop it some times cuts out so i ill have a look has yours been fine since?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
it seems to do this after its been standing for a long time say over night. Its better now the belts have been done, I might put some new plugs in it. Been told it could be lambda sensor related though but its not a major issue for me at the moment
It doesn't cut out when running though and it used to do that a few years ago, a clean of the throttle body sorted that problem and it never returned

clio sport 172
Mine is still at the garage it's now had new coil pack, new plugs and leads, the manifold has been cleaned . Put new batterie in it an then an auto electricians picked up a fault on one of the injectors so today it's had a new injector and the garage are just keeping it over night to check how it runs when it's cold first thing in the morning so fingers crossed I might just get my car back Tomoz , we will see -_-

clio sport 172
Well my cars running better but still cutting out when I'm trying to come near to stop ! So annoying