ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 tappet sounds

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
in the past few days my 182 has developed a small ticking noise in the engine bay, i think it may be a tappet problem, maybe one has drained of oil or something. has anybody had the same type of problem or has anyone got any ideas on resolving this? it does not affect performance at all but i would like to resolve it asap!!

Dodgy one
Have you ruled out the injectors? One of mine has become noisy, just have to live with it until it annoys me that much i change them lol

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
thanks,

i havent ruled it out, at first i thought it was just a noisey injector but im not sure now. i was going to try an injector cleaner first. do these work or would i be wasting my time?

Honda ATR
if your going to clean your injectors your best using an ultrasonic bath and get them tested properly for peak flow etc, i would be able to do it for a small fee ;)!!!!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i had this with my 1.2 lol.

pissed me off so bad but i just put up with it

1992 Clio 1.8 16v Red
May be the cold..... change oil time, in teh winter go for a thinner oil (gets around teh engine quicker when cold)
in summer thicker for opposite reason! :p

Lionel Richie
^just stick to a 5W40 or a 0W40

i've done a few dephasers on 182's, 1 only had 25K miles on the clock

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
the cars only just turned 9500 miles, ive been driving it easy for the past few days and it seems to av quietened a bit. Dont know if that has any bearing. gona change the oil, but it was done just 3k ago. anythings worth a try!!