ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Temperature Problem.

Mondeo STTDCI
Spoke to RUK regarding this problem but they claim it is not a known issue with the model as not enough people have had the problem.

If you have had it please post below.....(this is the one where the temp reading fluctuates and causes stuttering/stalling/flooding)

Thanks

Lee

BMW M2C
Didn't have it on my 172 or 182.

Trophy has it, they replaced the sensor, it still has it, I live with it. Mine has never got so bad that it stalls or floods, it does however run like it's cold even when it's fully warmed up.

Mondeo STTDCI
Lee said:
Didn't have it on my 172 or 182.

Trophy has it, they replaced the sensor, it still has it, I live with it. Mine has never got so bad that it stalls or floods, it does however run like it's cold even when it's fully warmed up.

Thats a problem mate. Its horrible mine has got REALLY bad.

Mine had it about 9 months ago, sensor was all over the shop and it spluttered while hot. I went to my local dealiership, took out the head mechanic for a drive and it stalled within 5 minutes of driving, it failed to start for about 15 mins with the fuel pump pumping....... they replaced the ECU which (touch wood) has fixed the problem completely.

Its a wiring problem at or near the sensor as far as my dealer told me, and it hasnt come back since. It does seem to vary, some people dont get any ill effects (although they're probably using more petrol) but some people have had it actually make the car break down, myself included. There is a Renualt Technician on here who swears blind that it's impossible to result in overfuelling and break-down, but plenty of experiences say otherwise. I know my ECU wasnt replaced, but perhaps the wiring issue is at the ECU end?

Knowing the possible outcome there's NO way and just live with it, but each to their own. I suppose running rich is safer than running lean.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Will try to fix the link and will re-post

Renault replaced the sensor and everything..

Last edited:
  Mondeo STTDCI
The thread on Renaultsport had an impact. Found out there is a solution on ACTIS which is apparently a fault finding database of somekind the RTE's use. If its a known fault its on there.

So I called RUK and asked about this and the woman said that this was the case although they at Customer Service dont have access to it. Therefore when I called and asked if the fault was a known fault and asked why the dealer wanted my car a FULL DAY, the telephonist checked on the top of her head to see if it was. Having never heard of the problem (which had been logged as ECU overheating lol!!!!!) she sent me on my way to my knowlegable Renault dealer.

So I called the dealer and mentioned the magic word ACTIS. They said call back in a couple of hours and I will have checked for you. I called back and they had actually CHECKED!!! Yes they said, that job will take 1.5 hours to complete, and we can do it whilst you wait, and we've ordered the parts already!!!!

SO, by virtue of me doing the groundwork, Renault have my car for 1.5hrs, not a full day. They will also definitely have the parts required to do the job.

Imagine how efficent they COULD be if they just did this in the first place?

Mondeo STTDCI
They just cant be arsed or are incompetent, or both. I firmly believe that with 1 days familiarisation with the computer systems I'd be a better Sales person or Service desk person or a parts desk person.

Depending on how good this ACTIS is at giving solutions I might even be a better RTE than most lol!

Mondeo STTDCI
Oms...you're a diamond...

I have no idea where in the engine bay it is though mate...any chance of a quick description from someone?!

Mondeo STTDCI
Just looked at the location.jpg one...now i have a much better idea...but still cant see it in the pic lol

Clio 197
^^^

It's not there... but it's hiding behind the elbow.

Do you know what I mean about cable-tieing the wires to the sensor now?

:)

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
low and behold my 3600 mile 182 now has developed this problem, well at least i think it has, i havent seen the wandering temp gauge, but it has completely died, going to the dealer near me tomorrow, what is ACTIS? i feel like i should mention it as it sounds like it gets the job done quick

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah mine suffered after 4000 miles. car just wouldnt go anywhere even though it was fully warmed up ... limiter kicked in too early etc.

got it fixed under warranty and was even told by the dealer it was a common fault with all renaults especially the scenic.

Lee

BMW M2C
Mine is all sorted now.

New sensor (again) new connector and new loom.

Now all I have to worry about is the exhaust and engine mounts, which are being looked at next week.

car is in with reg vardy leeds, picking it up tomorrow at 4pm, say that they can't guarentee that it will be fixed, i printed off a load of gumph off this and the renaultsport site, but said that the technicans wont read it as its hearsay as far as there concerned.

i just dont want some numpty driving it around, i know it has 3638 miles on so if it has more than 2 i will be suspicious.

i just dont like the fact that somebody else has my car, and probably doesnt care about it the way i do.

i dont even hold much hope out that it will be fixed

just spoke to RUK and they can't do anything as they 'arent technically trained' so they can't advise the garage on what to do, have mentioned ACTIS but still no luck. i just wish it was as easy as the guy who got it done in an hour and a half.

for reference the number i have been ringing is: 08000723372 is this the right number?

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
polarbert said:
car is in with reg vardy leeds, picking it up tomorrow at 4pm, say that they can't guarentee that it will be fixed, i printed off a load of gumph off this and the renaultsport site, but said that the technicans wont read it as its hearsay as far as there concerned.
i just wish it was as easy as the guy who got it done in an hour and a half.

all it is is a case of changing the engine temp sensor is it not ??

Lee

BMW M2C
glasgow182 said:
all it is is a case of changing the engine temp sensor is it not ??
The first time mine did it I took the car in and they couldn't replicate it. The second time they saw it happen but then couldn't replicate it but changed the sensor anyway, the third time it happened they replicated it, but the clip showed nothing so they did nothing. The 4th time they decided to swap everything, but hadn't got the parts in stock, then the following day, the 5th and final time they replaced the sensor, loom and connector.

Touch wood it's been fine ever since.

So they can't guarantee it no. lol

yeah, they have been good at the renault line, i just really hate not having my car, and leaving it and not knowing who may be driving it or whatever.

i told them what the fault was, but they wouldnt listen to me

Lee

BMW M2C
They put plenty of miles on mine trying to replicate it, but I had been warned before hand.

i'd really hate to think how they would drive it, really shouldnt be allowed anywhere near it if they arent going to drive it properly