ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 to 197

Inferno 182
well guess this has been asked a few times now but just been offered a 197 with climate control 6 disc dash cd and other options for a good price and as my 182 is about to go out of warranty thought it might be time to change.
for people who have gone 182 to 197 are you pleased or regret,do you really notice that split second where it is slower or does it feel as fast

cheers
Daz

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

only joking mate. seb will be able to anwser that for you and i think theres a couple
of others that have them,

Inferno 182
i am torn as drive a renault trafic van all day then wizz about in my 182 at night and whether its to sainsburys or football or pub i always get out of it with a grin,even my mate with an exige s is well impressed on its performance but its that warranty thing running out as its had a few bits done and is back in the dealers tomorrow

Renaultsport Clio 182
Spotted you today Dazbav Hillmorton Road, head down to Ken marriot sports centre

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
If its affordable then get the 197,or a year old meg

Its just nice to move on i reckon

ian

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
have a decent drive in one. i took the demonstrator out for in total about an hour an a half and was given free reign to drive it like i would.

mine has loosened up a lot from when i first got it. now on 2500miles.

they are meant to loosen up more at 6k too.

You may love it, you may hate it. You really need to give it a decent drive out imo before making a decison.

I would also say don't be put off by people saying on cs it is s**t and fat and fugly and so on and so on.

at the ned of the day it is your decison so if you like it and think it is the right car for you, buy it. if not don't. simple! :)

for me it is f**king perfect and it rapes the ass off my previous car for me... but thats another story ;)

i have posted a few threads in clio discussion about it so clikc on my profile and search for the threads i have stsrted to find some of my other thoughts on the 197.

Yaris Hybrid
I just saw a 197 up close for the first time and it was in silver which is the colour I always get.

I have to admit it looks really really nice. The interior and seats looked nice too. One of the best looking hot hatches I have ever seen.

Just a crying shame that it is so slow as on the looks alone I really want one! My 182 is just coming up to 3 years old but I think I will sit back and wait a couple of years for the 197's mid-life face lift and the possibility of a 225 engine.

I suspect where as last time we had the Ph2 172 to 182 at the face lift we will this time get the 197 to 225.

I have gone from 172/182 then 197.The 197 is a completely different beast and cannot be considered slow.The power delivery is also completely different but that said mine has 8700 miles now and just above 5000rpm the engine has definite power change.I don't regret for one minute my change to the 197 but all Renault sports are great cars anyway.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
ive done a 182 - 172 rs1 - 197, and am LOVING IT. handling is super, and it slipsteams a 172/182 easily, not done side by side, but gives you a idear its basically as quick! breaks batter as aswell.

on a sensible note, its much nicer inside, a bit more refined (def with wind noise) and got better driving position :) either way ur have a really fun car

Inferno 182
well thanks for comments everyone i have today said yes to the 197 and should have it by next weekend and getting 8k for mine trade in which seems good as people on here seem to be struggling to sell the 182 at the mo which is strange as its a fantastic car that i am really going to miss:(

oh yeah the 197 is in albi blue sso this time next week should have a new toy:)

Scirocco GT 210
Apart from the hefty price tag, feather-light steering and an insane 6th gear I really liked the one I test drove :approve: