ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 turbo

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Focus ST225, Focus E
think this was for sale not long ago.. was up fir £2700 iirc..

could be a different one though

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  work for BMW
£4k invoice for turbo and he wants to sell the whole car for £3.4k :O .. not for me thank you

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Why aren't we allowed to add it to our watch items! (Maybe a new eBay rule!) lol

Was on a few weeks ago but got removed.

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  Ph1 T
I enquired about what power it's running and at what psi he said its not been mapped or on rolling road yet :/ I thought Ktec do all this when doing the conversion?

Oh he said its very quick tho so that's okay

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Good basis to start from to do the job properly as you have most of the bits there IMHO.

Seems priced realistically, a 4K turbo conversion doesnt add 4K to the value automatically, especially if its not even finished yet, people either want to buy a turnkey car they dont have to touch, or they want to do a project for start generally, so nearly finished projects dont tend to sell for strong money IME

And even on finished projects you still dont get back what you spend ever.
For example I'm about to add forged internals and a quaiffe diff and supertech valves etc to my turbo phase 1, going to cost me 3K ish all in with a new uprated clutch etc too, if there was labour as well that would be heading towards a 5K bill for the complete engine rebuild and refit and mapping afterwards etc, I doubt it will add more than a grand to the value though!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Mk8 GTi CS & Ph1
Got offered this px before I turbo'D mine, but I decided to turbo OJC instead for the warrantee

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  172 Cup
I just had a look at this, not a bad base car to do further work on.

Realistically its going to need putting on a gen 90 and mapping, i would imagine that would cost £1500.

If you already own a clio, its probably better to do what clio172T has done, rings, new clutch, new turbo and a warranty with engine dynamics.

If you don't already have a clio, it could be worth buying, as long as you are prepared to invest a fair bit more, i seem to remember someone with an evo owned it and sold it after 3 months.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a look at this, not a bad base car to do further work on.

Realistically its going to need putting on a gen 90 and mapping, i would imagine that would cost £1500.

If you already own a clio, its probably better to do what clio172T has done, rings, new clutch, new turbo and a warranty with engine dynamics.

If you don't already have a clio, it could be worth buying, as long as you are prepared to invest a fair bit more, i seem to remember someone with an evo owned it and sold it after 3 months.

Should he not say in the advert if the car is not complete? Or is it still deivable as it is?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap
I went to view this car last time it was listed on eBay, it has a crack in the turbo manifold and has been welded, the weld was fairly large TBH and goes all the the way across the top and inside edge.
It had very clean bodywork when I saw it and the interior is also very good, I probably would have bought it but, it's running standard ECU and I totally lost interest after realising that, plus I'm sure the kit was fitted about 4 years ago which put me off too.
IMO, It's not a bad little car now that it's realistically priced.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  172 Cup
Sorry, i have just seen the ebay advert and spoken to the guy on the phone. There was mention of a flatspot and the cracked log manifold, and it needs a new bonnet if you are fussy. I guess ktec must have mapped the standard ecu when it was installed. The car does drive and is running, how well i don't know.

If it was up for 2.5K i think it would be worth the risk.