ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 tyre pressure, quick answer

Shhh

i did 33 all round, or then again whatever i can be arsed putting in. I find the handling too light so i let them down

Racing Blue 182

Cheers 4 that guys, first time iv checked tyre pressure since getting it. Front wheels dont spin as much now and seems to be quicker, as they were quite flat

I think Roy has been playing around with tyre pressures and he found 34 front 30 rear was a big improvement on his 182 cup

Quote: Originally posted by clioman on 21 August 2005
look in service book or car manual, or even tyre wall.

The tyre wall wont be much use unless you have previously written the pressures required by a 182 on there.

Which isnt actually such a bad idea...

TDI tyre shreader

i found that 33 is too high on my 172, the tyres i have just replaced were worn down to the wear indicators around the centre of the tyre

FYI ....

This isnt for the road but I had some advice from an instructor on my last track day. Hot tyres at 34 front and 38 rear. It reduced the understeer on the track and made for a better balanced drive.

[Edited by oldman on 22 August 2005 at 11:36pm]

Lionel Richie

35 front, 38 rear??? that instructor mustve been on the crack pipe during lunch!!!!

38 front (on track) and 32 rear is what id go for (sh*te PE2s)

Fred,

are you at Bruntingthorpe on Monday ? If so we will try both. He was trying to make it more tail happy to reduce understeer and it worked.

Lionel Richie

erm, depends what the "6ft pikey" is doing with the company vehicle, i assume ill be there!

its personnal preferance, and also depends on track, bruntingthorpe requires fairly high front pressures due to mainly high speed corners

well ... if anybody takes any corner above about 30 they are just being downright stupid .... maybe 35 on a track. All I can say is that I nearly hit 27 mph around Clearways and at those speeds the pressures worked. And the chap with the blue flag looked really excited too so I must have been going some.