ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre pressures test - under-, over- and correctly inflated

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I won't be the only one on CS who's played with tyre pressures. I normally run my 182 on recommended front psi and 40psi at the rear, because I like the agility it enables. But I've never considered the road safety aspect.

This video attempts to test safety above all else with braking and handling tests of tyres that are under-, over- and correctly inflated. The results are not quite as I expected.

Renault Clio Alizé
Ive only got a little 1.4 and only road going but some roads you can get away with having a little fun, i was running 195/40/16 Nankangs at 36psi on the front and 32psi on the rear, which were surprisingly grippy plus the stiff side wall meant you could really throw the car around. Im now running Toyo Proxes TR1 195/45/16 and have tried the same tyre pressure again but the car now feels very floaty, just curious to see if anyones got any recommended tyre pressures for the TR1s

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Why are there two different cars in this test?

If you're just testing pressure then only use one. Otherwise you're also testing the handling and braking differences between two old cars.

Renault Clio Alizé
No two different tyres bud, same car, same brakes, same suspension all I’ve changed is the tyres. Slightly higher profile (sidewall) im now running 38psi on the front and 35psi on the rear and seems to of helped with the car feeling so boaty