ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 v WRX

MINI JCW

A mate of mine at work owns a WRX (225), he claims that it will blow my 182 away, i disagree and believe that up to 100mph the clio will hang on to it, what do you guys reckon? any experiences?

Also as part of my arguement i refer to an article in autocar where the 182 was faster round the track and had a faster top speed on the lap, my mate says autocar is crap and disregards it!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

well a 300bhp e30 m3 evo has trouble with a 182 on the ring....

Clio 182

Look in EVO

182 is 100 in 16 IIRC
The WRX is 17 IIRC

Race him from 10-100! Ask him if he likes the look of your arse, lol

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by gazcaddy on 29 March 2005

A mate of mine at work owns a WRX (225), he claims that it will blow my 182 away, i disagree and believe that up to 100mph the clio will hang on to it, what do you guys reckon? any experiences?

Also as part of my arguement i refer to an article in autocar where the 182 was faster round the track and had a faster top speed on the lap, my mate says autocar is crap and disregards it!
WRX quick not very quick to 60? Then nothing spectacular after that, I killed one as he was about to overtake me once.

Clio 197

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 29 March 2005
well a 300bhp e30 m3 evo has trouble with a 182 on the ring....

A 330HP E30 M3 would beat the Clio by a lot at the ring. Tne standard trim 200-215HP ones are a good match.

Yaris Hybrid

The Clio was half a second quicker around the tight and twisty track in the autocar test - issue: 7th Dec 04 is the one you are referring to. If you actually read the test though you will see why they scored the WRX behind the Golf despite it being quicker than the Golf. The brakes on the WRX were shot after a lap or something!

The Clio has about 7bhp per tonne more as well!

The thing is those people that like neon lights and watch the fast and the furious (lets be honest the WRX is a chav car now) tend to be interested in 0-60, 0-100 and standing quarter times. The WRX will always do well and beat a 182 in tests like that because of the 4WD. From 30 to 100 though its a completely different matter...

Handling wise these 4WD saloons are pretty crap to be honest. They are great for going sideways on slippery surfaces but as a track car they are bollox. Drove an EVO VI once and it didnt seem to handle any better than the Vectra I owned at the time, it just understeered like crazy when coming off of corners, no where near as effective as the 182.

Quote: Originally posted by Dan_mk1 on 29 March 2005

Look in EVO

182 is 100 in 16 IIRC
The WRX is 17 IIRC

Race him from 10-100! Ask him if he likes the look of your arse, lol
LOL at these stats.

Clio 182.............. 6.6 and 17.5 (10.9... 60-100)

Impreza WRX.......5.5 and 15.7 (10.2...60-100)

16 secs to 100 LOL (maybe on your speedo:oops:;))

Off the line the WRX will beat you, on the move with the correct driver it will slightly edge ahead.

Get a numbnuts driving and you may well be the 1 in front. Mid range there aint nothing in it until well over 100mph

MINI JCW

in autocar

0-60 0-100 30-70

182 6.3 17.0 5.8

WRX 5.5 16.1 5.8

Pretty close then, anway id rather have the 182 i think they are so ugly, would have a S4 M3 over a STI anyday, although I have to admit value for money they are pretty good

megane coupe F7R

0-60 0-100 30-70

182 4.2:p 12.1:p 4.0:p

WRX 5.5 16.1 5.8

The 182 stats jus keep getting lower and lower. lol

Yaris Hybrid

These are all figures for the Max Power brigade.

Try 30 to 70 but starting half way around a roundabout....

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

Blow you away?! Hes having a laugh,an import or an sti would,but at best a uk wrx would only have a slight edge up to 100(unless its wet)

He will have to make his clutch stink to get infront of you off the mark aswell.

ok, so just to throw a modded scooby in to the figures :p

Colin Hardmans sti hit 0-60 in 3.72, 100 in 9.91 and 1/4 in 12.33 and 113.9

i can safely say that their is sod all in it. theirs a 280bhp one local to me and both our cars are no faster than each others. so the standard one would be slightly slower than a 182 even my mates mitsi evo 6 only slowly pulls away from me 40-90mph on private road.

TBH mate a 280bhp sti would rape a 182. A Mitsi 6 would also do the damage. (They are about 4-5 secs quicker to the tonne FFS)

Sorry, but your mate cant drive for sh*t if theres nothing in it! Or of course you are exaggerating:oops:

Your living in the clouds if you think your 182 is in the same performance bracket as a 280 sti.

Granted youll keep close to a 225 WRX but sti is just fantasy in your head

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 29 March 2005

i can safely say that their is sod all in it. theirs a 280bhp one local to me and both our cars are no faster than each others. so the standard one would be slightly slower than a 182 even my mates mitsi evo 6 only slowly pulls away from me 40-90mph on private road.
so your saying in a 0-60 battle and 1/4 mile a standard 182 will keep up with a standard (280bhp model = type r)??

i had a classic shape scooby type r and if your talking straight line speed, 0-60 etc it would easily outpace a 182.

I know what follows:

but on the track the clio would be better

Yes, maybe... but then counter that...

round a rally circuit the scoob would be better!!

Too many dreamers justy.

Put them in a type r scooby and theyll scream for there lives! Half of them dont know what performance is!

A clio is a budget hatchback with 180bhp and very little torque. It aint no supercar and it certainly isnt a match for an Sti.

no i didnt say that did i? as everyone knows the 4wd traction will beat the 2wd from standstill without a problem. but when rolling their is nothing in it. other day 30-100 on private road nothing in it and then got to corner and left him for sh*t. its a wrx with engine work 280bhp

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 29 March 2005

Your living in the clouds if you think your 182 is in the same performance bracket as a 280 sti.
Agreed.

Ive driven an Evo2 and even that as standard (260bhp) would rape a 182 or any RS 2.0 Clio. The Evo is similar performance to an STi

It even made pretty easy work of a modified mk1 V6 and a Calibra Turbo.

Yaris Hybrid

This is getting stupid now.

Someone was comparing a 182 with what I assume is a standard UK 2004 WRX.

STis, modded WRXs, 1000bhp Skylines and F1 cars all have **** all to do with this convo!!!!!!!!!!! This is a common problem on car forums these days, just because there is some hyper modified version of car x that would blow anything away, doesnt make the standard model any better!

Why would you leave him for sh*t in a corner? I think your making this up! Will your scooby friend come on and back up your claims? Thought not!!!

A well driven 280bhp impreza will have no problems at all with a little shopping trolley

Why would you leave him for sh*t in a corner? I think your making this up! Will your scooby friend come on and back up your claims? Thought not!!!

A well driven 280bhp impreza will have no problems at all with a little shopping trolley
mitchy - i respect all what you say!!

Mitchy grow up. i got better things to do with my time than think of driving tales unlike your self. why do i need to prove my self to you. couldnt care less if you think it happend or not. also no body on here even said the clio was a supercar so why did you say that?

I recall you saying

there is no difference between a 182 and a 280bhp scooby 30-100.

An sti does 100 in a tad over 12 secs! Your car at best does it in 17secs.

I think thats a hell of a gap in performance!

Your mates a gimp if he cant leave your 182. Nothing to do with the car!

Not unless hes exaggerating his power output as you have said it is a WRX with a supposed 280bhp

has any raced a type r scooby ? had a go against one in my 182 cup just for to see what happened. F**king well fast, no way would it be close, not sure about lower models but no way against a type r scooby. i felt like i was driving a 1.0 clio when it blew past me.

I recall you sayingthere is no difference between a 182 and an Sti 30-100.An sti does 100 in a tad over 12 secs! Your car at best does it in 17secs.I think thats a hell of a gap in performance! Your mates a gimp if he cant leave your 182. Nothing to do with the car!<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Not unless hes exaggerating his power output?

Id love a wee play with the new age STi 30-100:D

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 29 March 2005

I recall you saying

there is no difference between a 182 and an Sti 30-100.

An sti does 100 in a tad over 12 secs! Your car at best does it in 17secs.

I think thats a hell of a gap in performance!

Your mates a gimp if he cant leave your 182. Nothing to do with the car!

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Not unless hes exaggerating his power output?

Id love a wee play with the new age STi 30-100:D

Help yourself ;)

will make you look small and pathetic in the rear view mirror (and i dont have to remove everything from my car do do so :D)

[Edited by TB11 on 29 March 2005 at 6:59pm]