ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 vs leon cupra

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Had a crack against the new FR. I drove past it quite convincingly as we came off a slip road. Never had a go with a 225 but a mate had a 150 Cupra TDI and that wasn't much of a challenge either.

Clio 182
the new ones are! I passed one quite fast on a motorway, he didn't like it, and no matter how much I gave it, he was always catching me (noticably!)

I do really like the looks of the new cupras :)

PH1 Oddy, M140i
Spent lots of time in Spain and they love to have a go.........not much in it really and im pushing out more than most in the Clio, certainly in Europe. Nice cars!

clio 182
my 04 225R was pushing out 380bhp spent alot of cash on it. the revo 1/2/3 stage down loads made a big difference to the car. i raced a honda civic type R and kept up with it no probs. I used to have a 2005 anniversary edition one in black, not all that to be honest.:eek:

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
my 04 225R was pushing out 380bhp spent alot of cash on it. the revo 1/2/3 stage down loads made a big difference to the car. i raced a honda civic type R and kept up with it no probs. I used to have a 2005 anniversary edition one in black, not all that to be honest.:eek:
A Revo'd 225 will muller a CTR.

CTR's aren't a performance benchmark.

clio 182
the cupra killed most things to be honest i had a jabbo sport turbo fitted also the standard one was crap compared to it. had boxer brakes fitted awesome car.

subaru impreza
A 380bhp Cupra R , How was it off the line in the wet? In fact how did you pull away quickly full stop? I had a Revo'd R ( circa 265bhp) for about 2 years , great car but I missed my old Scoob to much so went back to one of those. But , like the previous post said , CTR's ( Standard ones at least ) shouldn't have posed a threat at all really , in fact once rolling I doubt anything less than a Gallardo;) would trouble a 380bhp cupra weighing in at only 1366kgs. Anyhows , not having driven a 182 I can't say how quick they are , but once rolling especially a REVO'd cupra r ( circa 04 reg) are very quick indeed, takes something with a lot of power to really pull away from it, like an SL55 Merc that totally mullered me one day!! That'll do it.

Leon Cupra R 225
mine is still 225bhp and I convincingly pulled away from a 172 Cup month or so back coming back from bluewater.

getting it revo'd to 265(ish)bhp soon though :)

172 cup
they aint that fast at all standard, my cup with light mod's almost identical pace to a 225 r.

however mapped they will be faster

172 cup

what you talking about? a 380bhp 225r should destroy a ctr, hardley an achievement really

They are a quick motor my brothers got one,quickest cars i've been in, was quicker than my dads 200sx, but sadly he's getting rid next saturday it's getting p/xed in and they are only giving the company 9k for an 04 plate with 40k on the clock, if only i had the money i'd snap it up for a quick profit.

172 cup TT
the cupra killed most things to be honest i had a jabbo sport turbo fitted also the standard one was crap compared to it. had boxer brakes fitted awesome car.

You'r a lier - starters: "Jabbo"? the keys "a" and "o" are miles apart so not a mistype either...

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Had a crack against the new FR. I drove past it quite convincingly as we came off a slip road. Never had a go with a 225 but a mate had a 150 Cupra TDI and that wasn't much of a challenge either.

If you passed the FR convincingly, either he wasn't trying or you're extremely quick. They have the same engine as the Golf GTI, no way you're gonna pass them 'convincingly' imo.

I'm running just over 190BHP and it takes a good run to get past a GTI and the FR.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I'm about 190 as well.

Both at the end of the slip road, slower cars in front. We both nailed it and went for the outside lane. I was already alongside by the time I got there and carried on going.

They're not that quick anyway. Only about 7.5 to 60.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
had a quick blast with a 225 before ... nailed him off the line but he was coming back at me at about 40/50 mph and theres no contest after that.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I'm about 190 as well.

Both at the end of the slip road, slower cars in front. We both nailed it and went for the outside lane. I was already alongside by the time I got there and carried on going.

They're not that quick anyway. Only about 7.5 to 60.

That would explain it lol.

They're quicker than 7.5 secs.

Well the ones here are anyway, a guy achieved a 15.4 1/4 mile in his not long ago.