ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 What am i looking for ?????

Rsport182Cup'd
i am currenly a proud owner of a clio baby (1.2 16v) i saved all my pennies for the last two years and the time has come for me to buy a Clio Rsport182, any things other than the obvious to be looking out for?
as i did have some engine management problems with the smaller engine (common fault) but in no way am i put off yet, just want to know any relevant information, Thanks!

ps hopefully it wont be long till i grow from boy to man and start to win the sprints in Doncaster!:cool:

Common issues;

If it's not a 'Cup' then look for leaking headlamp washers, and buzzing climate fan by the rear view mirror console - also make sure no airbag warning lights. If it's a Cup or has Cup packs, make sure it has a front splitter (many don't)

In any 182, listen for knocking under acceleration, and squeaking front suspension on full lock at low speeds. Rattles are normal. If the exhaust sounds overly noisy the cat is probably funked (they last a bout a year) Check that the water temp gauge doesn't flutter when you boot it hard (this is a not tooooo common issue but it causes over fueling problems). Also check for Serv+ESP lights after 20 mins of driving (if you can do this) as a common fault occurs with the brake switch to cause this. Check the ECU bracket under the hood (they snap daily)

Probably lots more...

Oh and welcome to the nut house :D

Oh, and after a few miles the clutch cable will probably feel like s**t, so try and get a long test drive and get it all nice and hot.

Oh, and they all feel rough as funk when the engines cold, and they all idle s**t all the time. TBH there are millions of niggles, but you won't care every time you attack that B-Road :approve:

Last edited:
  Rsport182Cup'd
thanks on that, i am going to a non-franchised renault garage in Oldham manchester, they have already arranged that they will wait fro me to get there, i finish work at 5:30 they shut at six, ....no way in 1.2, so they have made an out of hours appointment. i will try for a good test drive, he already knows i am serious drivin 50 miles to go and see it.