ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 white plastic ball joint shim?

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Hi all, so I've got a set of OEM arms with ball joints for my suspension refresh, but they didn't come with the white plastic shim which sits between the ball joint and the hub.

I assume this is there to stop the metal of the hub eating away at the ball joint boot when turning, so would like to replace it ideally.

Seems like lemforder supply them with their joints, but don't fancy buying another set just for a bit of plastic!

Anyone have a part number/name/eBay listing please? Struggling to find them!

Cheers!
6b3bba019be99c48fcc40f0aaf9fca48.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

monaco 172
What's it for? I don't remember ever fitting one of those and I've changed loads of ball joints in the past on clios

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
The ones I took off had em and they'd managed 100k, so figured if I could replace them for a few quid I would.

Sounds like I don't have to worry about it too much if they're not available though. [emoji106]

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
You can have my old set when I replace my balljoints in the next few weeks if youd like?
Appreciate it if they come out usable mate. Mine were a bit worse for wear having been on fire and beaten with a hammer given how seized everything was!

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Wasn't going to bother with them, but then found a spare Moog ball joint kit in the garage which had one in. Found another ball joint at ECP which came with one for the grand sum of £2.30 so figured why not. [emoji2368]
b735b80d51336ad9a658f1bde7c06809.jpg