ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 windscreen

black golf v6 4 motion

wot is the little rectangle at the bottom of my windscreen ( see through ) but different colour to windscreen any ideas? a wiper sensor perhaps?

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by msa172mk1 on 11 July 2004
For the road tolls in Europe i think?!?!?!

Gap in heat reflective coating to allow for Electronic Toll device.

Windscreen is U.V refective.

So if you have Dart Tag / GPS / Camera Detector It has to sit under that little window gap thing.

The retangle see through section is required for the sat nav...must be cost effective to put on the whole range thou as my girlfriends billabong is the same,her bruv works for renault and she asked him the same question..also very handy for camera detectors though..:)
[Edited by markw182 on 11 July 2004 at 7:00pm]

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by geordieclio on 11 July 2004

wot is the little rectangle at the bottom of my windscreen ( see through ) but different colour to windscreen any ideas? a wiper sensor perhaps?
its for road tolls etc abroad. they just scan your car as you pass through.

Ziel Nurburgring

stop some heat and bad rays getting in. Its for the french and their toll roads as the scanners cant read it through the reflective windscreen.

Ford Fiesta

well it still feels very hot when sun on it, no cooler than normal screen IMO, and bad rays? lol, may be halping prevent skin cancer then...

Boz

Arctic 182

Lazer detectors work fine through the UV windscreens, sat nav aerial doesnt. However the little square (for tolls) is so small your better off puting a sat nav aerial (for speed camera detection) elsewhere, e.g base of rear side window.

Its put there so we can all ask each other what its for.

Its there because at this price, they couldnt put UV protection over the complete windscreen.

Its there because its the best place to put it !!

Its there so that when your wife/girlfriend has here feet up on the dash, she can tan her big toe....

Ill get me coat.........

"Navy" N17 TWO

MMM182 you wont need your coat when your g/f is tanning her big toe ;)

It says in the Clio handbook that wee space is for displaying parking (pay and display) tickets, as it is outside the tinted area of the windscreen

i couldnt understand this as you can see the ticket on the window anyway.

aparantlel clio glass is tinted to the legal limit of tint, thats why i got my mp3 player instead of my tints :cool: sorry if im going off topic

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by BozM on 11 July 2004
Lazer detectors work fine through the UV windscreens, sat nav aerial doesnt. However the little square (for tolls) is so small your better off puting a sat nav aerial (for speed camera detection) elsewhere, e.g base of rear side window.

Doesnt stop GPS signals, I tested my speedo against a GPS and had it sitting next to the speedo !

I feel it my duty to put this matter to rest - the square in the middle of the screen is to allow neutreno emissions out of the car wchich would otherwise be impeded by the heat absorbing windscreen and build up to dangerous levels. This is of particular danger in some colour cars - of note the black/gold where the gold, due to its inert nature, harnesses neutrinos. Without the hole in the windscreen the Clio would over time become a nuclear reactor and hence create problems crossing international borders.

One consequence of this is that the b;ack/gold cars are faster - the stream of escaping neutrinos from the windscreen creates a sub-atomic pull on the car equivalent to several horsepower - fact!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by JAF 182 on 14 July 2004

I feel it my duty to put this matter to rest - the square in the middle of the screen is to allow neutreno emissions out of the car wchich would otherwise be impeded by the heat absorbing windscreen and build up to dangerous levels. This is of particular danger in some colour cars - of note the black/gold where the gold, due to its inert nature, harnesses neutrinos. Without the hole in the windscreen the Clio would over time become a nuclear reactor and hence create problems crossing international borders.

One consequence of this is that the b;ack/gold cars are faster - the stream of escaping neutrinos from the windscreen creates a sub-atomic pull on the car equivalent to several horsepower - fact!

I have to say that, for a newbie, you are most knowledgeable and we all must bow down and listen to your vast experience of the Neutrenos. ;)