ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 wiper motor

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Hi,

My 182 passenger side blade leaves the side of the windscreen when on as it has a good 6 inches or so movement in it when supposedly 'parked'.

Checked the bolt etc and it is secure so appears to be the motor itself that's knackered.

Is this a common problem on clios and does anyone have any other ideas of what could cause this other than a knackered motor?

Also, if it is the motor...can I use the motor off any other models of clio or does it have to be off a 1*2 with the auto wipers?

Thanks in advance,

David

Black 182
What do you mean by it leaves the side of the windscreen ? The movement you describe would indicate possibly a worn wiper linkage ?

CX-7,westfield,ix20
Basically, instead of stopping parallel with the edge of the windscreen it goes off the side of the windscreen and has actually scratched my passenger door due to the 6" or so movement in the wiper arm :eek:

The wiper arm is secure on the stud of the motor (ie. when i wiggle the wiper arm, the stud in the middle moves)

Is there a part of the linkage at this end that can be replaced to sort it or is it an entire motor/linkage I need?

Hope this helps explain the problem a bit better.

Black 182
The Wiper arm fastens to the linkage wich in turn fastens to the motor , if the motor is working ( ie the wipers go up and down ) i would look at the linkage first cos you shouldnt get lots of movement in the wiper arms when they are in the parked position .
There is a long piece of plastic that runs along the bottom of the windscreen under the wiper arms ,(its called a scuttle panel ) What you need to do is take the wiper arms off and remove the plastic trim and inspect the wiper linkage (and the motor while your in there ) .
Leave the trim off and work the wipers with and with out the wipers attatched and you should get to the bottom of whats going wrong

Last edited:
  CX-7,westfield,ix20
Cheers bud,

I shall have a look at the linkage then.

Guessed it might be that but wasn't sure if the linkage cuold be replaced by itself without the motor being changed to.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
New linkage and motor unit from the breakers did the trick.

Got my old one welded as a spare but thrown it out now as I no longer have the car or else you could've had that.

Was the bit where the stud for the wiper meets the linkage that was loose so will weld up no bother and solve the problem.

Hope this helps,

Dave