ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 won’t start after battery goes flat.

Philip Griffiths

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Hi. My 182 has been idle. Battery went absolutely dead. Put a new on tonight. And now it won’t start.

Turns over for approx 10 seconds and stops.

Can’t hear the pump going. Think it’s immobilised.

Has anyone had this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philip Griffiths

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
I’ll be honest. I didn’t actually time it. It’d definitely no more than 10. But it probably quite a bit less. I was annoyed the car didn’t start so I wasn’t paying attention.

A the dash lights appear to be normal when that ignition is on. The immobiliser light stays glowing when cranking the engine.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Mine had a non starting issue a while back, was a dirty connection on the white connector under the fuse holder. For me the immobiliser light wasn't going out. Car would crank for about 3s then stop.

I am lead to believe that when the light stays on - key in ignition and in position two for a few moments without cranking that it can be due to a few things such as key read error/fail (damaged key or failed pickup ring) or in my case because one of the data lines (I can't really remember what it was doing or what colour the wire was!) had a high resistance joint.

I would have a google about the immobiliser, might be there is some black magic voodo to do if the battery has been off for a long time to make it remember the key or something daft.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry I was waffling mostly crap.

Have a read of:

Specifically Mick from Diamond Motors posts.

LED on solid - Key recognised and authorised to start but system node, gateway or other fault present. Unable to start vehicle so system still armed.

Philip Griffiths

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Thanks for that. I’m hoping nag I’ve got someone bring clip round this week to have a look. It’s got to be immobilised or its killed the ecu. We’ll see now.

Philip Griffiths

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Turns out it’s an immobiliser fault. The battery went so low. (One cell was totally empty). It’s spiked the immobiliser part of the ecu. Should be all back and running by Monday now