ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

Have done a bit more cleaning today, concentrating on the under bonnet which, to be honest, was the only really dirty part of the car! There's still more to do (as always!) but it's really getting there now and a massive improvement on what it was, i'm especially pleased with the underside of the bonnet....... have used Autobrite Cherry Glaze again for this which yes is a polish and what I polished the whole car with, BUT... it is also an effective cleaner I've found in certain areas which has made it ideal for this too. Have used cotton buds too for the hard to reach places the microfibre just cannot get into lol!

30th%20May%202016%2005_zpslrhmflr6.jpg

30th%20May%202016%2003_zpsly03sk0t.jpg

30th%20May%202016%2004_zpseidixptm.jpg

30th%20May%202016%2006_zpsotuvh26e.jpg

30th%20May%202016%2002_zps1brrpcig.jpg

Finally, how the engine bay is currently looking......... frustratingly, the photos don't show the shine, but it's there! :cool:

30th%20May%202016%2001_zpshe7u7vhc.jpg

RB Clio 182
Looks good mate, paint your inlet and fuel guard a nice bright silver, get a new coolant bottle off ebay for a tenner and some nice bright green type D coolant, get some autosol on your aircon pipes and remove the k&N sticker :)

Looks good mate, paint your inlet and fuel guard a nice bright silver, get a new coolant bottle off ebay for a tenner and some nice bright green type D coolant, get some autosol on your aircon pipes and remove the k&N sticker :smile:

Coolant bottle and type D is on the list for when it next gets serviced :up: as stupid as it sounds, never thought of that with the air-con pipes! That is something I'll crack on with next......... seen some of the inlets people have on here and oem looking fresh silver is the way

Had a couple of small things turn up in the post so as I had some free time this morning, thought i'd head back into the garage again, as you do!

I saw these strut top covers on eBay and for only 20 quid, so thought it was worth a punt! They are actually pretty decent quality and took all of 10 seconds to fit so i'm happy, just tidies up the bay that little bit more. I went for the 'normal' black rather than gloss black as they wouldn't suit...

P1040451_zpsguamyyx2.jpg

Also thought while I was at it, i'd have a go at buffing up the air-con pipes with Autosol after a previous pointer above to do so :up: I didn't think they looked too bad, but the black that came off them was crazy and this photo wasn't when I first started either!!

P1040455_zps7fxoj6jq.jpg

Buffed up and finished, was well worth the effort, and again, with the new covers looks quite decent in that area now I think :cool:

P1040458_zpspmrqo1lb.jpg

The engine bay really is looking so much better now! (just looks a bit dull in the photo due to the light outside). As mentioned above, new coolant bottle and Type D when the car is next serviced later in the year.

P1040463_zpsurngsilq.jpg

I also mentioned in a previous post that the 'Renault Elf' sticker was missing from the rear window. Well, after buying a couple on eBay (to have one spare), I thought they were so cheap, if they weren't genuine as advertised, who cares, i'll bin them! But when they turned up they were in Renault packaging with a main dealer invoice. Awesome! So that went straight in the window.......... I know it's the new style, but it's as close as I can get......

P1040464_zpsn8dfkfwb.jpg

P1040465_zpsop2gk652.jpg

With all that done, I gave the whole car a thorough coating of Autobrite Elegance to give it a bit of a gloss look, it's only a spray sealant, but on top of being polished the other day, really looks smart now :up:

RB Clio 182
I like the strut top covers mate, what material are they?

I have chrome ones but im doing my bay again soon and going more stealth.

Be careful with the passenger side strut cover, mine catches and has scratched the top.

I like the strut top covers mate, what material are they?

I have chrome ones but im doing my bay again soon and going more stealth.

Be careful with the passenger side strut cover, mine catches and has scratched the top.

I'm going to be honest here......... it's when I was being nosey having a look at your project thread I saw your chrome ones and thought 'nice!' so that's what made me go get some myself 😂 They are only plastic however, nothing special hence the price but that said, they do sit on the strut top nicely. I'll keep an eye on the passenger side :up:

Lol.
I will sort you one out steve when im back from holiday buddy.
Wheres the cookie monster tbqfh.

Tell me about it!! I honestly don't know where to put him where it'll look good 🙈😂 Didn't want to just stick it on slap dash style and then end up taking it off. Was thinking bottom right of rear window but also thinking engine bay!? This is the only reason its not on lol!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys :up:

Looks great Steve. I like the little changes your doing too.

Thanks, my strong aim for the car is oem+ with just a few tweeks here and there (but also *trying* to keep it looking factory fresh!)
Miltek cat-back will be next and then later on in the year service, bright green type-d and new coolant bottle :cool:

Clio 172
Your car looks fantastic mate! I like what you've donever with it :) wish I had your patience for cleaning the engine bay like that! I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to cleaning

Heard something interesting last night....... at least 2 of the local Clio lads I know round here reckon the coolant in my car is the right colour, that being the pinky colour, and shouldn't be green (when I said it should have type-d in it) :confused: is there any major difference!?

Nice location, your camera skills look good( from someone that hasn't got a clue about cameras)

Cheers matey :up: i'm not too bad at taking a good photo, it's all about the angles haha! The photos you see in this progress thread are about as good as I can get with the camera I have however, as only a digital one that fits in my pocket. Although a very good one with a decent lens (Panasonic Lumix)! You need a flash but bulky SLR camera for the best photos........ but i'm not feeling having to carry the thing everywhere over my shoulder 😂