ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182FF Induction - Panel, K&N kit or Pipercross kit?

Citroen DS3 White
Hi all,
Just got my 182FF, its currently completely standard so first mod will be the induction but I have a few questions.
From what I have read on here, there are little performace gains from these and its mostly done for the noise, I guess an exhaust would help more for performance.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of just getting a fancy panel filter?

If I go for an induction kit, K&N or Pipercross??

Do I need to tell Mr Insurance of my mod???

Cheers all.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
If you want an induction kit go for an enclosed one like a BMC CDA or if your feeling flush the best bar none is the ITG Maxogen (over £300 iirc)

Don't go for the usual pipercross or k&n57i as they will just suck in hot air and be worse than standard performace wise. A good cheep way would be just add aftermarket panel filter - ITG would also be the best in this case but K&N is also fine, usually quite a few in the sales section

Renaultsport Clio 182
as said above just go for a panel filter (K-Tec one for about £35) unless you want to shell out £175 for a BMC CDA. it's mostly for noise really although if you pull out the acoustic vale from the OEM Airbox you'll get a little better noise and it wont cost a penny

Citroen DS3 White
Panel filter > On
Acoustic valve > Off
CAF > On

And that's it !

Thanks MoRpH3uS, sounds like a good and thifty way forward. Will get hold of an itg panel and pop that in.

Silly question maybe, what is, where is and how do I remove the Acoustic Valve?

Citroen DS3 White
That is my current plan, trying to keep it (looking) as standard as possible.

Any ideas on the best place to get one? They are £50.53 from Merlin which seems steep!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
PiperX Viper is what Fred recommends, saw some pretty hefty gains on a Cup before and after with a remap. That's what I'd get if it was mine, £300 for an intake is definately taking the piss, could get a remap done for that much.